Beginner Question: Less Plants = Less Lighting?

Straight up beginner question, if I plan on growing 2 plants in a 3x4 am I going to need need the same amount of light as growing 4 plants?

1 Like

It’s not the number of plants, so much as it’s the sq footage.

5 Likes

You just need to keep them in the footprint that your light does cover.

5 Likes

What would be good led choices for a 2x2 grow space?

I’ve been looking into leds for a 3x4 space but realize I’m gonna need to be able to get inside my tent as well, and I wouldn’t mind a price drop if there’s gonna be one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A HLG 135 rspec is perfect for a 2x2. But you’re only going to want to put one plant in a 2x2 space. Unless you’re growing two really small plants. The light is $200 but If you type in hlg 135 in google and go to horticulture lighting group site promo code “dude” will knock of $20. I have 6 or 7 of them now because they’re just too good. Started with one and just kept expanding.

4 Likes

Size your light to space you are growing in. Number of plants doesn’t take into account the size of plants. One large plant could be same as several small plants. So goal should be to build or buy space suitable for what you’re looking to do and light accordingly.

2 Likes

@BobbyDigital Would you recommend only one Skywalker OG (photo) in a 2x2?

If I plan on lst would it be possible to do two, or is that pushing it?

1 Like

Lst’ing will give the plant a larger footprint. If you’re going to train I’d run one.

1 Like