Beginner purple haze grow journal

1 Like

3weeks into flowering

1 Like

Stretching out nicely. You have two happy ladies. Looking great for your first grow. Much better than my first grow.

Almost 4 weeks flowering stage

Starting to get nice and frosty. Smelly too I bet. Purple Haze tends to be very susceptible to bud rot. Humidity level should be low. I’m sure you already know this based on what your grow looks like though.

Our humidity is low :slight_smile: Ive kept a close eye on that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Starting to get frosty. And orange pistols. Coming along nicely. You did a great job keeping the stretch under control.

Out of curiosity, did you use molasses in your watering cycle? I did that with my indoor grow and the pistols turned orange with in a few hours after watering with it. I’m just wondering if it was a coincidence and just the normal cycle or was it caused by using molasses. I did that to mine at about this stage in growth.

No, i didn’t use molasses. I used fox farm nutrients thats it, besides water. Ive worked hard at making my first grow a success. Hopefully we wil get a few ounces at least.

1 Like

Looking good and getting really close to harvest. The buds are getting nice and fat. That’s going to be some fine smoke.

1 Like

3 Likes

1st week of curing

3 Likes

Nice nugget. Now it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Well after the cure anyway. I leave out a couple of buds to sample during the wait. There is nothing more rewarding than smoking your own weed.

1 Like

Looks just like my purple let em cure nice and long so dank

1 Like

It weighed in at exactly an 1/8

Ive tried to get my other half to try it, so I know the strength of it. However, he wont . So, I just need to stay patient, until the curing is done… I’ve read 1-2 weeks for curing. Any thoughts on curing time?

I burp mine two or three times a day for three weeks. I smell mine as it cures mostly because I love the smell. Purple haze has a nice spicy berry aroma. It’s ready to smoke now if it’s dry. It will be a little better after the three weeks. After the three weeks I keep a smaller jar to pull from to smoke and let the rest stay sealed in a big jar. I burp those about once a week. My outdoor harvest is better now than after the initial cure. It’s kind of like a fine wine. Better with age if done right. I know some people on here use humidity packs. I think that"s over kill.

Mine purpled up more even during curing … I have them in jars in my outside shed which is my grow room but it finally got about 47 one night I’m in south Florida your probally wondering where this guy live lol I didn’t no antocyns activated after chop