Beginner purple haze grow journal

Day 11

2 Likes

Look at them babies grow!!!

Day 13

Making due until our grow tent gets here. 8 CFLS, refelective siding, small fan.

We have the lid propped, so it has ventilation, should we close it?

I’d say it’s time to transplant into 5 gal fabric pots. They look really good, but the roots need room to grow. :smile:

I agree pat. Also, yes. Ventilation is always good.

I bet the roots are scratching at the bottom of those cups, begging for more room. They will grow like crazy when you transplant. You didn’t say what you decided on for a light. You will also need a bag of good organic soil and nutrients . I used the Fox Farm tropical something for soil, one $17.00 bag will do three 5 gal pots. For nutes, FF Big Bloom and Grow Big. After they flower, you will stop feeding Big Grow, and switch to Tiger Bloom. You can buy on Amazon in a three pack. I only have one grow under my belt, but I have learned a lot from the advice I have gotten on this site. A small fan will work for now in your tent, but soon you will need an exaust fan, and duct to pull the hot stale air from the tent. If you want the girls to thrive, you have to give them what they need. You will also need a tool to measure your PH , also on Amazon.
I know, it adds up to a small pile of money !!! The good news is, once you purchase the hardware IE. tent, fan, lights, PH tester, even the fabric pots can all be used again for the next grow. ISN’T THIS GREAT !!! Good luck !!! :smile:

1 Like

Its expensive, but saves money… Plus you’re not going to find the same quality you grow at your buddies house. The last harvest I had was better smoke than anything I’ve got from the streets in years. And I got that seed from a bag.

1 Like

They havent grown any since we repotted them. Hubby keeps asking me to water them. Keep telling him, NO!

Very nice progress! Perhaps they are just rooting up to get cozy in their new space :seedling:

Something doesnt look right. Ever since we put them under the new light, this is whats happening. We have the light 18 inches above the plants 18/6. 300watt mars LED. We did repot them a couple of days ago. It looks like they are dying? Lower leaves lighter?

My Kind LEDs come with instructions to allow your plant to “acclimate” to the LEDs before lowering to what could be considered normal height.

In my case with the L300, they recommend starting off at 36" 3-7 days. After that, they recommend settling into somewhere between 18"-26" above the canopy. You went directly to the low side of the settled range with no acclamation from what I can gather.

I’m assuming the fact that they started under CFL makes the acclimation or break in period even more necessary. I think just like any other variable, we don’t want to shock them and we want to introduce changes gradually.

Hopefully some OG’s can respond and correct me if need be.

[quote=“Mr.Indica, post:93, topic:21903”]
allow
[/quote]You said you repotted them , what type of pot did you put them in ? It looks like they aren’t very big, you should have put them in 5 GALLON FABRIC POTS, so that you wouldnt have to repot again and create more stress. Why aren’t you watering them ? I used a spritzer bottle about five times a day when mine were that small. My guess is she is a little shocky, and THIRSTY, from the move, more than the light change. I would spritz that little girl, keep the soil damp, and get them into the fabric pots $3.25 ea. she will bounce back. :slight_smile:

I just noticed that your temperature was 91 degrees when that pic was taken. That’s way to hot, if you don’t have a fan on them , you need one. You will need to keep the air in your tent fresh, exaust fan, “Amazon” . One of the things I learned on this site is that pot plants like about the same weather that we like. If you are hot, they are hot, if you are cold they are cold. So you could think about how you would feel in that tent at 91 degrees, and no water. This has been a really hot, and humid summer, really hard to keep them happy. You may want to keep them out of the tent, but still under the light, until you can get your exaust fan.

Ive watered them every other day. I have let them sit in the sun for the past 2 days and under the lights for the rest of the time at night. The soil has been moist. I got the temp down in the tent to 82, then pointed the fan to be on them both. I left one of the openings open all night, to help keep the temp down.

One today looks worse, the other looks better

As for the water commet. Ive read to not over water, so i stick my finger in the soil and only water if soil is dry.

1 Like

You are right, they don’t like to be over watered, and it is easy to do at this stage, so you are doing the right thing by checking before you water. I just ment that being exposed to that high heat that they were probably thirsty. I filled a spritzer bottle and sprayed mine all the time when they were that size. That was earlier in the summer when the humidity wasn’t an issue. Your issue now is to cool the tent. It just seems like it’s one thing after another for a while, until you get your setup functioning .

I think their fighting to stay alive. I kept them in the sun all day today. Im going to try just letting them stay outta the light tonight. Im trying hard to save them, unfortunately, I feel as though, I killed them. Today, i noticed a cpl brown tiny spots on one. I should of stuck with the CFLS, is how im feeling…

If you took that picture today, you didn’t kill them. They look pretty good . The light is not the problem. Did you adress the heat problem ? Are they getting enough water ? If I were you, I would set the light up in the spare room , and not put them in the tent until you get an exaust fan to regulate the temperature. They need the light, it’s like food for them, the more light the better.

Ive been keeping them out of the tent. Have em in the spare room. I let them get direct sun during the day and under the lights at night . I gave them a bit of fish fertilizer yesterday, recommended by an avid grower. This is what they look like today.