Beginner purple haze grow journal

He didnt leave em in there long. We kept them in a shaded area .

That’s good. So is there a contest in the future? Lmao

Yes, I believe so. I’ve been at work all day, so now I’m researching, best light situation, ect. I saw a grow tent and holey mother of god 1100! That’s not in our budget that’s for sure.

For germination purposes a t5 set up works great :+1:
And are fairly inexpensive :+1:

2 Likes

Once they sprout is what I’m concerned about with lighting. Every place I look says something different. Its frustrating as I just want to make sure I have enough.

@Countryboyjvd1971 maybe you could answer my question, how many LED bulbs do I need for a plant?

If you use 50w per square foot of space or canopy youll have enough light to veg and flower
For germination you can use bulbs 45watts or so
Make sure they are in the 4000 k range
For flower youll want min of 600 actual watts

So this would be enough for one plant?

Those would be semi- adequate for a small plant during veg. Not even close for flowering. They probably only use 7-10 watts each. Also the wrong spectrum for flowering.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m so confused when it comes to this lighting thing. May end up just doing a search on amazon for a grow light. Amateur here, sorry for the dumb questions:-(

How would you like to know how another beginner from Vermont started ? Ok then, I’ll tell you. I starter my grow with nothing, unprepared, just like you guys. And I don’t know about you but $ is always an issue. Around Memorial day I put 6 seeds between four pieces of damp paper towel, and put them in a shoe box under my bed. They all germinated, so I planted them in some of those little starter cubes. My first purchase was a 3’ x 3’ x 60" Cool Gro Tent, and two ft floesant light T5 grow bulbs came with it. Tent = $60.00 , light was was around $40.00 both Amazon. I had a 7" fan just hanging around. That’s all you need to get started. REALLY !!! It will take a while, but you can grow this

if you want to hear more about my first grow, just let me know I’m not boring you. I love my new hobby, you can too !!

3 Likes

I know it can get really complicated if you get into the science of growing, I don’t think your really into that, and I think you can do it pretty simply, and still have a successful grow. I know you can, I did :wink:

@Pat2 thank you so much for ANY help you can provide. I found the grow tent, now is this the right light

Feel free to share any information your comfortable sharing…

We lost one of the girls last night, the last picture one. The other 2 seem to be doing well, I just know we need to get the light very soon…

I have them in red solo cups now, when should they be transplanted into bigger containers?ty for your help

The viparspectra that I posted earlier is a really good light for the price. Honestly that t5 isn’t going to be strong enough for the entire grow.

@ Stonythetiger420 is right, that light will not get you a successful grow. To be honest you you really need to spend a little more money on your lights. I started with a Duroflux 2ft. With five T5 grow bulbs included, I checked the price it is $52.99. That light was good for the veg. stage, but I ended up buying a 1200watt LED PHLIZON, also from Amazon $129.00. That light will do the trick. Later, when they go into flower you will need to add an axaust fan $99.00.

I’m not even sure how I missed the photo of the light. I’ve scrolled back and see it now.

I dont even see this light on amazon

@Vermont, withe light are you going to buy ? You will not regret spending the extra money now, the led will be good for the veg stage also. What town are you in ? I’m in Rutland.

1 Like

I’m in Bennington

If I could find the darn thing on Amazon! I think I’m just getting confused, because I’m reading and reading, everything I read is different.

1 Like

How did you put the add on here for that other light ? Did you copy and paste ?