Beginner purple haze grow journal

Growing cannabis can be an expensive hobby.
Sure, one can buy the cheapest lights, skimp on soil and nutes, and still grow a plant. But if you truly want to grow quality indoor buds you’ll have to invest some money.

I initially bought a bunch of Chinese leds from amazon because their marketing was good and internet searches turned up positive reviews. The plants grew ok and the buds were a bit larfy. I found this site and realized that great lights grow great plants. Then I regretted the $400+ I’d wasted on amazon Chinese leds.

You’ll want 35-50 actual watts drawn at the wall per sq.ft of growing space. Most 1200 watt led amazon panels only draw about 250 watts. Therefore they’re really only good for about a 2.5’x2’ tent (5sq. Ft). They’re also usually very inefficient. I.e. They cost more to run.

There are some lights on amazon that are superior. Like this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Board-Grow-Bloom-3000K/dp/B07C59J8L2?tag=greenrel-20

It draws only 100 watts, but is super efficient. Two of those in a 2’x4’ tent will give great results. With the help of @dbrn32 I built a similar light for less than $115. DIY with bridgelux eb strips

Lec are another option, but I have zero experience with them.

If you and your husband want to grow really good weed, do yourself a favor and spend a little up front and choose wisely

We’re all here to help.

2 Likes