Beginner purple haze grow journal

Today I put my husband precious girls in the sun “domed”. They were out there about 30 minutes and he ran out there like I murdered someone. He says I’ve killed his precious girls I will post pics. This morning, I transplanted them from there jiffy cube, to the solo cups, they were domed up until after I put them in the sun. I’ve just been misting them. The soil is moist.

We were going to use CFL lights and do out grow inside, however, we cant get the bulbs around here. Sigh So ,when they’re big enough we are just going to plant them outside.

My questions are:

1. My husband has it in his head that I’ve killed them ,do they look it?

2. I thought you were supposed to put them outside in direct sunlight?

Please help, I’ve given myself a migraine thinking I’ve killed his precious girls. Sigh

They will be fine
Doming them outdoor is not a great idea as it is fatmr too hot. Put em in a shady area for a week or so

Thank you :slight_smile:

Should I set the dome on top of the solo cups?

1 Like

They need sunlight. Yellow is not so good. Let media dry out a little. Misting is ok.
If dead, they would be totally limp withered and flopped on the ground.
A dome in the sun is NOT a good idea.
You could loop a pipe cleaner around the seedlings stem to give support.

1 Like

All good advice so far.

If you leave them outside be very careful of the rain we’ve been getting. One big deluge could break them at this fragile stage. I’d personally keep them under an eave or something to protect them from rain.

It’s also very late for outdoor growing. @Pat2 is also in VT and his outdoor plant is getting ready to flower. By the end of august sunlight will be around 12 hours. Not enough for good vegging, not to mention you’ll run out of time before the frost sets in.

Maybe consider an indoor grow… all the lighting you could ever need is available through online sources. There are several lighting gurus here and growing is legal in VT. :+1:

Welcome to ilgm

1 Like

Next summer you can grow outdoors , really need to germinate around Memorial Day and by now you would have ladies like my Queen of Hearts here. Your only option at this point, is indoor grow for sure. Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I’m sure you will get answers and a lot more advice.

1 Like

Okay, so if we do CFL lights, I need 200watts per plant? How many watts per plant for LED lights?

General rule of thumb for lighting is 50watts/sq ft of growing space. That will vary by lighting type. High end cobs/quantum boards can be less.

Check out horticulture lighting group or timber grow lights.

There are also some DIY threads on this site for led light strips. They’re fantastic and will save some money.

While inexpensive Chinese LEDs on amazon seem tempting I advise buying quality lights.

We just got 50 watt LED plant lights. Hubby turned them on and their pink/red. Oh boy, is this pink/red going to work?

Which lights?
Chances are this “50watt” lights are actually using less than 30watts.

Those bulbs draw 7 watts.

They’ll be fine for the first couple of weeks of the seedling stage. Some people pull the diffuser end off the bulb to get better light.

Soon you’ll need more light. LOTS more light.

As you can tell, I’m trying to keep his girls alive. I have no clue, other than to make sure we have 100 watts per plant. Oh lordy, I think he should of planned this better, as it seems I’m doing all the research.

1 Like

Lmao… Sounds like soon they will be your girls, and he’s gonna get the credit! :laughing: The people on this forum have great advise, patients, and knowledge. Feel free to tag myself and whoever else you can think of. If they don’t have an answer, trust me, you’ll be pointed to some who does. And I know some of the people how build their own lights would kill me for this… (Shun me if you must oh, mighty artificial sun gods)

this is one of the lights that I have and I absolutely love it. Fair priced, and my babies love it.

Ohh no, I’m really considering telling him hes gonna do the research for his an get me some , an see who’s turns out better. :smiley:

I’ve only smoked once ,took 2 hits and didnt move off the couch for 5 hours. I felt like I was walking on air. I’m not sure pots for me. Havent touched it since.

2 Likes

This is what they look like today. Not sure why the last one looks that way?

Sorry to hear that… (About the smoking) Lol. Thats ok. If you kick his ads growing then you can soften the blow with a nice dense, smelly harvest!

They look great, As far as the last photo, looks like it recovering still. All in all though, it looks like it’ll be fine.

Something wrong with him lol

1 Like

He needs air flow through that tank… It will get very hot and humid in it. He’s doing more harm then good in my opinion. No offense to him. I would leave them without walls and get fan to blow gently on them. You should look into downloading ilgm grow bible. Its on this site. Packed full of great information.