Beginner Need all help possible

Go for a tall 2x2 or you’ll run into issues with the plant getting too tall on you. Figure you need room for the pot (10" for a 3 gallon pot) and room to hang the light (8-12") and space between the light and plant (12"-16") you’ll quickly run out of vertical space. Most 2x2 tents are only 48" tall - after the room the pot and light takes up, that leaves quite a bit less than 2 feet for total plant height, that can be tough when plants start stretching in flowering and you’d have to tie your plants over and use other LST methods to really control the height. Tall 2x2 tents can be hard to find, much easier if you move up to a 3x3 or 2x4, those are easy to find in 6 foot heights (and even taller) but lighting a 3x3 properly will cost a bit more than a 2x2.

As far as an exhaust fan, AC Infinity is the one to look at, quiet and reliable, T6 and S6 models are great for 2x2 or 3x3, even 4x4. Even the smaller S4 or T4 models would work if you’re not going to put a carbon filter on it (slows it way down) for the smell, if that’s a concern for you.

5 Likes

Here’s a few journals to look over

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum community! Tag me anytime with questions. Looks like you got most of it sorted out.
Ocean forest will make great soil for autos. Yeah it’s a little hot, but once they get their roots, they’ll take off. Definitely can’t recommend miracle NO. That will
Cause more issues than it solves. It can be done though, it’s just not recommended. Every time you try to flush the soil, it releases more nutrients, which is the opposite of what you’re trying to do when you’re flushing soil.

5 Likes

Welcome to ILGM forum image

3 Likes

I definitely wish I had more height. I got a 27"x27"… it’s a tight squeeze moving 3 plants around in. One at a time would be easy.

2 Likes

I’m new to all this too. I have a indoor greenhouse on its way but for now

I’ll take any help. I use ff happy frog soil and ff ocean. Lights on for 14 hrs have ff trio fertilizer afraid to kill plants

2 Likes

looking good! what lights are you using?

MarsHydro and Enjoyield

1 Like

Autos are tough, I’ve grown a few that I won’t even post pictures of …

That light will work but eventually you’ll get want something with more power

Happy frog / with a layer of light warrior will do you good.

• nutrients, fox farm also makes that, don’t need right away but eventually you will. Advanced nutrients makes a simpler ph perfect version if you don’t want to have to think about it

• cal/mag , so often a forgotten supplement

• ph/tds pen to keep record over time(data helps dial in what your doing/ if you don’t know the past your bond to repeat it.

• a digital timer will help your plants and you as well

2 Likes

for later on, do you have any light recommendations? or wattage

Decide what size tent you want before you pick a light the larger the square footage the more wattage you’ll need

2 Likes

Depends on your space and amount your able to spend…

I did a 10x12 with just hlg 260 xl’s

@dirtydave said it perfectly!

2 Likes

Horticulture lighting group

I just got this for a 5x5 tent

2 Likes

I have a 2x2x4 yent setup with a hlg 135 r spec 4 inch intake 4 inch exhaust and 2 fans for moving air. Im gonna do 1 single plant in a 7 hallon bucket and fill a scrog of 2x2 hopefully is the plan

Its an ethos planet of the grapes seed about 2 weeks young in canna coco with jacks 321 and AN additives

5 Likes

Sorry its no where near ready for scrog i was just making sure the net fit in the tent basically. Will keep updates on my page along with my photis just 7 days in flower

3 Likes

okay guys. so i was up all night reading around and listening.

I think my first grow, doing 1-2 (3gallon) containers in a 3x3 AC Infinity Tent would be best.

So the list i came up with (instead of a kit) has:
-3x3 AC infinity tent
-6in AC infinity Fan w/ humidity control remote
-6in filter
-125W CFL light
-Ff Happy frog
-aero containers

• pH meter stick

Is there anything i’m missing or should modify? I thank y’all for being so patient with me!! trying not to waste these seeds and have completely sunken cost, with lots of learning along the way. I’m assuming for after the seedling stage i’ll need to upgrade to a larger light for a 3x3 grow.

4 Likes

Nice tent, nice exhaust fan, good soil.

A 125w CFL will only be good for seedlings (first week or 2) and then will need better lighting, best to just skip it and put that money into a decent light to begin with - a HLG 260 rspec would be a good light to start with for a 3x3 tent and fine for seedling to harvest with it’s dimming capabilities.

You will also need a fan or 2 inside the tent just to circulate air. I use fans like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012BKZC86/

and I hang them upside down in my tents using rope ratchet hangers (which you will also need to hang fans and lights).

6 Likes

Super exciting! Good luck and enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Welcome to the show @Rayclay
Lots of knowledge on here with many journals.
You said you don’t want to waste your seeds?
Read anything and everything you can on the strain. Or use the :mag: to see how folks on here done. Good luck. :+1:

2 Likes