Beginner Need all help possible

Hey guys! Done a little vegetable gardening in the past, just bucket and soil outdoors… but now wanna try cannabis auto seeds indoors. I ordered (5) Girl Scout Cookie Extreme Auto seeds. One plant at a time as a beginner.

When i say i need help i mean i’m clueless. My plan going into this was getting a full SpiderFarmer Set on amazon for $400-600. that set includes tent, fan, light(1000D) , filter, ect… i’ve heard light timing isn’t all too important?.. if not, what do y’all recommend?

for soil, i have heard mixed things. I was going to go with Fox Farms ocean forest, but read on other forums that it can be too hot for autos. right now at home all i have is miracle grow… which i’m sure won’t work.

i’m sure i could ask a thousand more things here but i guess getting the seed germinated and into the container is the first step.

I’m sorry this is so broad, i know it’s a lot. thank y’all for the help!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Rayclay! There is a vast amount of knowledge, and opinions, on this forum. If you look into any one growers setup, you will see its all different. There isn’t a “right way” in general. Just give it a shot and see what happens! I’m just finishing my first ever grow and did the gscx autos as well. Learned a lot, especially from here. I just started my 2nd grow of gorilla glue autos and definitely know a lot more this time around. One thing that is for sure is, your light is the one thing you don’t want to skimp on. The rest is open for discussion (soil/hydro, organic/nutes, light schedule, etc. ) Hope this helps and just tag me if you have any specific questions. Im sure I can find someone to help

4 Likes

thank you so much! how did the GSCX treat ya?? also do you think the spider farmer 1000D should give off enough for one plant at a time?

3 Likes

Before you spend any money look at some grow journals here and ask questions. @Hellraiser has a great journal that new growers post questions on.

You will likely not be able to post much for 24 hours but use the time to read. I will tell you the most expensive and most important purchase is decent lights. If it’s on Amazon, do more research as there are many false claims put up. In my opinion, Horticulture Lighting Group makes one of the best. Look em up.

And welcome to the best grow forum on the Internet.

11 Likes

Here come the troops!

1 Like

Hey welcome…please don’t beat up on miracle grow too quickly. I use miracle grow and have had some success. There is a bit of discussion on it in my thread. I’ll tag you in and u can read along.

5 Likes

I am “taking them out for a long walk” on Saturday. They are near the end and I’m really happy with them. I can tag you in my journal and take a look. I ask a ton of beginner questions and have gotten the best of advice.

3 Likes

I would spend that on a good light and piece the rest together. You won’t need anything but a small cfl light and some red solo cups for the first couple of weeks. Maybe have time to save for a tent next…

5 Likes

Check out my journal/tutorial, it’s a very long read but starts off with the info new growers are often looking for - seed starting and care of sprouts all the way to flowering and harvest. I don’t claim to have the best methods, just methods that have worked well for me over the years.

I’d hold off on a tent kit as they often come with inadequate lighting and cheaper components, a cheap exhaust fan will mean a noisy exhaust fan, inadequate light will lead to larfy buds and less yield.

We can help you put together a nice growing environment/tent with good parts.

What size tent are thinking about?

7 Likes

Also, you won’t be able to reply to any of this for like 24 hrs. Its kind of a pain but eventually you will be able to post as often as you want

2 Likes

You can only ask and reply, so many times in the first couple of days

2 Likes

Read the journals! Some of them are so fun, funny, informative. I think it’s important to figure out how many plants you’ll want to be growing at a time. That makes a huge difference in what you’d look at for costs. The light alone for a 2x2 vs a 5x5 would be a substantial price difference. There are a lot of little pieces and things you’ll add over time.

3 Likes

Soon enough you will be consumed by this site

3 Likes

Absolutely! Hahahaha!

1 Like

I’m set to watching. Everyone here will help you along your way. Bottom line is opinions are opinions. The decisions are yours to make. We learn by making mistakes and reading about others.

5 Likes

The amount I’ve learned by seeing other people’s questions and problems coupled with the coaching and support here I can’t even describe.

6 Likes

hahaha…true words right there!

watching this journal

2 Likes

Truly the “SCHOOL OF HIGHER LEARNING”. thank you Mr Bergman and your team for this unfillable textbook of knowledge.

4 Likes

i was hoping to start with a 2x2 and trying just 1-2 plants at a time. what would be the best set up and equipment necessary starting then? other than a good light, forget the fan and such for now? thank you guys for being so informative! love it here.

7 Likes

A 3x3 would be perfect for 1-2 plants. The best setup I’ve seen lately is the ac infinity tent and fan. Not much more expensive than the Amazon stuff

4 Likes