Beginner Lost in Germination

it’s not the cold any more, it’s I didn’t dig holes in the empty lot, I want the bucket all the way in the Ground, just ran out of time
It’s So hard with all the root’s from tree’s etc…
Asked son to help But don’t think that’s going happen, Dam Lazy A$$ kid

1 Like

I see, but what about just setting the pot outside, do you not want to do that? Well, maybe that’s not such a good idea anyway.

1 Like

We don’t have much rain expected while he’s gone and our humidity has been lower than normal lately.

@Rick3, if you plan on leaving some inside, raise the lights to accommodate the height difference. Pot up and give them a good soaking as the others recommended.

Any that you are planning on putting outside, pot up with a thorough soaking and place them in a spot that will only get early morning direct sunlight. They may experience a little stretch, but as with the lights, it won’t really hurt anything at this point.

It’s a shame we don’t live in the same town. I could visit a couple times to care for them.

2 Likes

I’m trying to teach my great grandson the value of hard work. Thankfully, at 4yrs, he wants to help…

Not much help at that age, but I let him as encouragement. He’ll be rewarded. My patience is paying off today, so he gets some too, for his labor…

I’m hoping he will understand the value of helping others by the time he can really help. I don’t get some people. No matter how well they are raised, they just don’t care.

5 Likes

@raustin My Neighbor has taken all the Babies for me WooHoo Wife not going to kill them, Put the other 4 in there home’s and in tent,will give a good soaking today

4 Likes

It’s nice to have someone to turn to when you need help. Harder to find that someone with this passion.

3 Likes

Excellent, their gonna be ok. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Rick3…I put min out last weekend and as long as temps don’t get below say 35 your good…the sooner the better! Some wait until much later but the sooner the better imho…

3 Likes

raustin,i need to pick your brain for a minute,I have been growing out side for a while now,now I have a problem I have never experienced before.I bought my seed’s from ilgm the way I germinate is the paper towel on a plate put the plate in a zip lock bag then lay it on my dvr it’s nice and warm.Here is the problem when they or one crack’s I remove with ceramic tweezer’s very careful I haven’t damaged one yet then I place the seed maybe 1/4 deep use my spray bottle to moist the soil which is a miracle grow medium I have always kept them in my bath room when they do break ground they are white ( as if too much water).I have lost 2 w.w.,and 1 northern lights I have never seen this before,i have one under a 40 watt hanging light trying to save at least one can you see what I can"nt see thanks for any info

Hmm, sounds like you’re doing everything right except for one critical thing… Miracle grow. It has a lot of time release nutrients in it, so when you spray the soil you’re releasing it. I think the soil might be too hot for your sprouts causing them to die. Other than that, make sure they’re getting enough light (24/7) and put them under a dome. I hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

thanks for your response raustin: I’m using Ferry-Morse fiber pots and also bottled water ph 6.2 after I left you a message I went to lowe’s and bought another 9" dome and put a energy efficient 60 watt bulb,within 5 hrs. one sprout turned from white to green I think this one is saved,thank you for your valueable advise,your right about the soil I’m using germ starter as well so I would need 24/7 light? thanks that’s awesome.I also checked my paper towel germ 1 northern light still has not cracked been in there about 5 days going to pull tomorrow and put in soil with 1/3cup of soil. thank’s for your help

3 Likes

Excellent, glad I could help. Whatever you do, don’t throw out that seed, they can take up to two weeks to crack, so just put it in soil and keep it moist.

3 Likes

hey raustin,I change lighting to floresant 40w light.but the shouts have"nt started out well,i have the first 2 nodes and nothing else yet.My light is almost touching the bucket and the plant is about 4" from light,im doing for the first time today light off 8hrs, 16 on,they have been one ever since I talked to you.also I had to stop the stretching,i know I have to have the light as close as I can get it.Think I’m going to start with 1/2 of 1 whole starter fertilizer to see if I can get that 3rd node to start,they are getting plenty of light. I transplanted yesterday with no shock so far 5gal bucket what do you think about this. thanks

I think what you’re experiencing is some good root growth now. When that happens you don’t see much growth happening, especially if you just transplanted. Give them time to fill that new pot up with roots and they’ll start to grow again. Starting nutes at half strength is a good idea, just go easy.

3 Likes

Good advice she gave…

2 Likes

Got back to town, Well 3 looking good 1 not so good

4 Likes

Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed the trip…

Great to see Brother but rest was Crap

Have to go get Babies from Neighbor later, And the 2 Auto’s she has, are ready to come back,She Brought them back to Life
Crap, now have to go dig holes for the Big plants to go outside, But Dang we Had 1 Hell of a storm last night,Thought I was going to get hit by Lighting , Any thing by you @FloridaSon?

1 Like

It’s been raining here for two days now. I don’t mind because the girls are loving it. It sucks that it slows down my clean up efforts, but it’s all good.

Good news on you autos…

Auto’s are going in tent, How can I tell when to change Light’s? They were almost dead,so what Date do i go off of?

Other one’s going outside