Beginner Hydroponic DWC

@HappyHydroGrower I’m thinking of flipping it this Sunday or should I just go through Week 5 on veg stage? :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

In my opinion, that something the plant has to tell you. I have heard of some running a short veg. Typical, and hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but you will know she is mature enough when her new branches are alternating instead of side by side if that makes sense.
:+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree that your ppm is too high. Too much going in to the nutrient solution. I always operated on less is more. I only mix about 3/4 of the recommended mixture of my base solution and keep other additives to a minimum. It’s worked well for me.
PH ok. Temp a little high.
Check your water alone, see what your starting with.
Watch your extras over and beyond your base mix.

1 Like

I used distilled water. Every time I check it it’s around 6-7 ppm I been following the feeding chart

Your water is a great start. Start with a mix of just your base nutrients and see where that ppm is.
Choose your extra additives based on needs of the plant. Try to keep your ppm about 1/2 of what it is.

1 Like

@Covertgrower @HappyHydroGrower @Tastebuds @peachfuzz @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Member420

I took off the duck tape tonight, shows a bit of a knuckle it seems.
I checked ppm before adding in more water to the reservoir. These are the readings

4 Likes

Next time you mix nutrients , try this and see where it gets you as far as ppm’s…
Everything to a gallon…
3 mill cal-mag…
4 mill micro
6 mill grow
2 mill bloom
2 mill hydrogard
1 mill super thrive
That’s for a freash batch after dumping and cleaning resivor…
@Mr-Ace
:v::sunglasses:

6 Likes

I did buy the ph kit but haven’t used it though and I’m sure that’s only for ph right? Lol it’s ok to drop the nutrients that much from 16 mL? This Sunday coming says Week 5 veg stage. After that, the feeding schedule says to start her on flowering. So should I just follow your advice through week 5 veg and then flip her after that? What would you recommend Sir? :thinking: Thanks :grin::seedling::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar enough to give you exact recipe with that stuff like peachfuzz, but I agree with him. I would expect to see your ppm somewhere in the 800-1200ppm range, unless you’re using tap water that is extremely high starting ppm.

3 Likes

I’m using distilled water. I’ll try the recipe and see where I’m at. Thank you :100::grin::seedling::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz ? :grin::seedling::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Amor Si just arrived :grin::100:

Mix in this order…
1 mill armor si
3 mill cal-mag
4 mill micro
2 mill bloom
6 mill grow
2 mill hydrogard
1 mill super thrive
That’s for vegging…

For transition into flower your mix will be…
1 mill armor si
3 mill cal-mag
4 mill micro
4 mill bloom
4 mill grow
2 mill hydrogard
1 mill super thrive
All of the recipes are to a gallon of water with a starting ppm of 0 to 10 …

Flower recipe is as follows…
1 mill armor si
3 mill cal-mag
4 mill micro
6 mill bloom
2 mill grow
2 mill hydrogard
1 mill super thrive
Once you are at three weeks from light flip I would suggest to add a dose of liquid koolbloom at a strength of 2 mill per gallon at week 3 and week 5 and than one dose at week 7 of dry koolbloom at recommended strength on package…
There are other things that I could suggest , but I don’t want to get your head spinning…lol
That should get you to the end…
During weeks 5 through 7 you could also add a teaspoon of Epsom salts to your feeding schedules… :+1:
You really need to start ph’ing after you add your nutrients…
It’s going to start getting important…
Water temps also are going to start getting important…
Did you get the new air pump yet…?
Also going to get important… :+1::wink:
@Mr-Ace

4 Likes

Yeah, it was definitely a mistake buying the box. It doesn’t let you have enough room for a decent grow. And the lights are not gonna give you sufficient power to get a good yield. You would’ve been better off building one yourself fit to spec’s or turning a closet or a little spare room into your grow operation. I built a 10 x 10 room for bloom in a 8 x 4 room for veg.

1 Like

Yeah. Not worth the money. Way too small of an area.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Afili8ed !

1 Like

@peachfuzz @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @Tastebuds @dbrn32 @Hello777hi @HappyHydroGrower @TDubWilly @Afili8ed @Jstar

I just might give up in all honesty. It’s causing too many fights between the wife and I. I spent way way too much money on this little operation and I’m almost or at the 3000$ mark with every total I’ve bought. Learn from me newbies. Never spend this much on a little grow. Read read read and inform yourself with plenty of knowledge before jumping into the pool without any wisdom at hand.

4 Likes

I understand how sometimes it can be discouraging when there are issues. Most times I’ve had issues, I eventually realized it was something I did or didn’t do. While I want to offer suggestions, I also realize I don’t know everything. So I tried to limit my interaction to only when necessary (like when the seedling was suffering from nutrient deficiency, and when the ppm is too high, etc.) as too many cooks spoil the soup.
Sometimes info comes at you from all directions and that coupled with continuous issues with the plant, it’s hard to decide what the heck is wrong and what your next step should be.
I feel for you. But at this point, I really want to see that little lady produce something.:+1:t3::smile:

3 Likes

Don’t be discouraged my friend…
It’s a learning process…
Slow down on spending money and do more reading and looking at alot of different journals…
Also , you can’t get into arguments with the misses , that wont benefit either of you…
I’m pretty sure that we can get you to a harvest my friend…
2 more weeks in vegg and then throw her into flower…
You can do this…
And remember , happy wife , happy life… :+1::wink:

5 Likes