Beginner Hydroponic DWC

Possibly, or a combination of high ppm.

2 Likes

I ve bbeen following your grow and all the advice. I’ve never done a hydroponic but am very interested in the deep water well. I have a question. What type of light should I use for a 4 plant grow that isn’t to expensive but will produce a great yield & will a 4x4 be big enough

2 Likes

I recommend HLG 600 for adequate coverage in a 4x4.
I have a Rapid LED fixture for coverage in a 4x4.

2 Likes

So last night I was doing solution change for week 4 veg and I accidentally pushed the plant over and it cracked right at the bottom of the stalk, lower level by the rooter. It was still standing but slightly leaning. I put duck tape on it. I’m thinking she’s a goner but still holding on to hope :astonished::grimacing:

2 Likes

Pictures from last night 12 am
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

1 Like

I’ll post pictures of it tonight see how it’s been doing since last night.

1 Like

@Mr-Ace it’s possible itll regrow through the stalk depending on how bad it snapped

1 Like

By now the top should be completely dry. Your stem is going to rot.

2 Likes

Top of the rooter? It is dry . .

2 Likes

:seedling::broken_heart::broken_heart::seedling:

Taken tonight at 1:30 am

:broken_heart::seedling::seedling::broken_heart:

2 Likes

@Mr-Ace don’t give up it could be stunted because it snapped. I’ve seen plants grow back over a snapped stalk and stand back up

1 Like

Thanks for the closure brother.
:100::v::sunglasses::seedling::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Taken tonight at 10:30 pm
Reservoir temperature: 68 degrees Fahrenheit. Opened up the tape by the rooter. That way it stays dry and not moist.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @Tastebuds @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz

Sunday night September 13th, while doing a solution change and snipping off some lower sick leaves. I pushed on the lower part of the stalk, to get a better look. As I did I heard a snap crack at the bottom of the stalk. She didn’t fall over at all. I couldn’t see the break so I pushed down on the rooter. About an inch to half an inch under the rooter there was the break. I quickly grabbed some duck tape and wrapped it the best I could ( not to tight though, keeping it from choking.)
Here are some pictures since Sunday (3 days ago) Also I did notice the water lever has lowered. Looks like she’s been drinking lol even after the break. My concern is, do I just add more water to the reservoir and check ph balance? Or how do I regulate the nutrients in the reservoir? Thanks everyone.
Week 4 in veg stage

• Cal-Mag 5 mL
  • Micro 16mL
  • Bloom 16 mL
  • Grow 16 mL
  • Hydroguard 2 mL
  • SuperThrive 1mL
    Here are the pictures from last night.
    Taken at 12am
    :arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

:v::sunglasses::peace_symbol::seedling::100:

2 Likes

2390 ppm seems too high.

4 Likes

How do I go about correcting it? :thinking: I wouldn’t know where to start lol

2 Likes

If you are in soil like FFOF it is pretty normal to get a high runoff number. If that is going IN then you have a problem. You also are showing a calcium def.

2 Likes

I’m in hydroponics. What are the readings supposed to be at? That’s going in. The water lever is low though, should I just add more water and see where it’s at after?

1 Like

Hydro should not be over 900 to 1,000 ppm: you will nuke your plants at that level. Water level should be 1 1/2" below net pot and temp below 70F. You should also be running cal mag as it’s showing a deficiency.

3 Likes

Thank you :pray: so in order to fix this problem I should flush? If so for how long? If not should I just dump out all the solution and start a new solution batch but with higher Cal-Mag? I added 5mL of Cal-Mag on Sunday. What would you suggest?