Beginner hydro please help

No I’m not should I be🤷🏻‍♂️

Was just gonna agree you have to drop the water level as the roots start hitting the water that can be contributing to your droop

2 Likes

And as to the cal mag I use jacks 321 so no cal needed but in other nutrients you usually do need it not familiar with yours but I’d b adding calmag more than likely that can be the spots coming on possibly. Still don’t see any major concern with them though I’d just drop the water level a little and start giving some calmag you should see the difference and what is your ph level at anyways.

2 Likes

Ok I got some cal meg ordered I’ll add that as soon as it comes. I dropped the water level and have been clipping the spotted leafs off just in case it’s something bad lol. My ph is in the 5.5-6.5 range I use general hydroponic ph up and down it’s in the yellow color range if that helps.

2 Likes

5.5-6.2 is max swing you want ideally 5.8

Your going to need a bigger tote and a chiller unless you can control the Temps or have a reservoir outside the tent.
As you increase lighting power that will heat the tent more and thus your reservoir more.
Chillers are expensive I find.
@Myfriendis410 is more familiar with this type of setup but again spend a day looking around search and yes lots of YouTube. Hydro can be tricky if you don’t get it dialed in quickly

3 Likes

I’d like to ask you to put this all in one place to keep me from looking through all of your posts (I don’t have time). Please be detailed.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Age of plant
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
method used to measure PH and TDS
Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
Actual wattage draw of lights
Current Light Schedule
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
If growing Hydro some additional questions:
DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
Temperature of reservoir
TDS of nutrient solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

@Kingjames_dc5 , sorry for busting in to ask this but here goes.

Your nutrient solution was extremely clear. I ordered a sample pack of Lotus Nutes. I have a Cookies Gelato seedling and mixed the Lotus/Grow as suggested at 1/2tsp for one gallon. My solution was clear.

Is this how the Grow formula looks at any concentration?

Are your plants happy with these nutes?

I grow mostly soil but have a horrible record in dwc. I keep plugging but if fail again I’m going to a hempy bucket.

Thx for any information.

@GrnThmbNoob yes they love the nutes. Hers a pic oh one of the buds in flower just ended week 10

2 Likes

You went all out with that closet , always wondered how they perform,looking good

1 Like

@Kingjames_dc5 I appreciate your reply. I’m running Lotus now a 5 gal bubbler with Cookies Gelato. I initially had some droop because of my tap water. Ec was screaming high. Switched to RO and ran some recharge through the system before water change. She seems much happier now. Thanks for getting back to me.

Nice looking buds brother, grow happy and thank you

2 Likes

@GrnThmbNoob Haha thanks man. She’s looking happy and healthy. Just a heads up since your using ro water make sure your using cal mag supplement. I made the mistake of not doing so and paid the price.

@Randy_Marsh Very pricey but definitely worth the money I have no complaints :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

@Kingjames_dc5 thx brother much appreciated. I hesitated adding any due to the amounts Lotus shows vs Cali/Mag. They both show the exact same concentration of each. Watching closely tho. Being 0/4 in dwc ( lol) I Primarily stick to soil because it buffers alot of my error. We found a bag seed of Collins Ave last grow(soil) tried a clone in dwc and literally killed it.

Still keeping clones of this beauty alive via the mother my buddy is growing.

Anyway good looking out my friend. Happy budding Happy Saturday. Time to throw a ham on the smoker. Enjoy

1 Like

If you want a more affordable nute brand try Jack’s 321. It’s cheap and super easy. A lot of folks are switching to it.

3 parts, measured with a small scale,

Stir part A (mix well)
Stir in Epson salt (mix well)
Stir in Part B ( mix well)
And that’s it. Your plants will love it.

I also use Armor si which I mix in first.
Then after mixing the nutes, I add hydro guard and then PH my water.
Absolutely no problems this grow.
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah looks legit I actually design my whole grow room around those closets, it was a pain to put all the material needed, still ended up in soil , too lazy to be changing water every 7 days , barely water my plants sometimes

1 Like

Help needed,
I have two ILGM Sour Deisel seedlings, on week two that have yellow spots on them. I have a two plant Dealzer grow box. Light set on 18 on and 6 off. I changed water 7 days ago and mixed 4ml grow, 4ml micro, 4ml bloom in one gallon of distilled water per the dealzer feeding chart. What should the temp in the box be? Water temp? Any help is appreciated.