Beginner Help Please. - Thanks in advance

First, I will provide what I am using and will explain the situation after.

Info:

Strain - ILGM Northern Lights Autoflower.

Pots: 5 gallon cloth pots (2 plants). One plant in a smaller pot (I thought about putting this one outside but decided to throw it in the tent.

Soil: Foxfarm - Ocean Forest.

System Type: N/A

PH of runoff: Plants are 26 days old. Mostly used spray bottle to keep soil moist. Just started to actually water them with a watering can a week ago. No runoff yet. Afraid of over watering in the beginning

Water Type: Distilled

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Not using nutrient yet - the soil should provide enough nutrients for the first 4 weeks (or at least that’s what I heard and going by)

Indoor Grow: Spider Tent 2’x4’ w/ Spiderfarmer SP2000 LED Fixture

I believe this 200W - I dim the fixture down to 80%

Temperatures:
Day: 75-76°F @ 70% Humidity
Night: 68°F @ 60% Humidity (I’m usually asleep at this time - I’ll do this different at my next grow)

Light / Dark (hours) 18/6

Fixture Height: 24” above plants
Ventilation system: AC infinity - Cloudline T6 (6”) exhaust fan w/filter
I have the temperature/humidity probe at the same height as the top of the plants

Setpoints to start exhausting at 71% humidity & 79°F

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
I do have a humidifier & dehumidifier. At the moment the fan is taking care of the space really well. I’m not running either the humidifier or dehumidifier right now.

Co2? No? I know what CO2 is but I’m not doing anything about it.

If there is anything I am missing please let me know.

Issue:
On day 23 I started to notice some of the leaves are turning yellow / spotting on one of my plants in the 5 gallon pots. The other two are looking fine. I’m wondering if I should be worried about this. Please see the attached pictures.

I don’t think it’s a nutrient or a watering issue. The leaves seem to be pointing towards the light fixture , almost looking stiff where the other two plants look very relaxed and happy. So my original thought was too much light and stressing her out? I did turn down the dimming to 75% and moved the plant to another location, but she’s looking the same.

Another thing I read up on was maybe variegation? I’m just perplexed because it’s just one of my plants. I find myself reading so much I think I need to take a step back and ask a question.

I appreciate any comments and thank you again.

Upper Right Pot

1 Like

The ffof your using has everything the plants need for about 4/6 weeks

Thank you for the response!

Looks like you might have some leaf miners. What are you using for pest control?

1 Like

I’m not actually, what would you recommend?

This…

2 Likes

I use captain jacks dead bug

1 Like

Yes I believe so, they are ~26 days old (since they sprouted)

I cant ready i thought you said vegetation :frowning:
It was something I read about spotting on leaves. Its apart of the DNA of the plant.

1 Like

Copious amounts of neem oil. Spray the plants every day for a few days. Wait a few days and do it again. I actually use it every week on my vegging plants. Make sure to get under the leaves. You can wet the soil with it also. I’ve taken to adding nematodes to my soil builds and mosquito bits to my water source. I’ve got some Capn’ Jack’s Deadbug coming, but I’ve never used it before.

1 Like

Right! In a perfect world everyone would start their thread like this.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

1 Like

Beware of doing this while lights are on. You will fry your leaves if they are wet with neem oil solution (honestly wet from any solution) under your LED’s. You will want to thoroughly spray after lights out and ensure they are dry b4 lights on.

1 Like

Kinda new to forums so I hope I’m not making people upset on how I’m posting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

You are doing everything right my friend. Wish everyone was so informative. Makes it easier to understand what’s up, as well as expose flawed technique if any when you do it the way you did.

1 Like

She looks really healthy and I would lean towards “variegated” dna.

2 Likes

That may or may not be true, but I have had zero problems with burnt leaves either indoors or outdoors. Plants get a misting every week with a cal/mag/dish soap/neem oil mix. I usually do it in the morning after the lights come on or the sun rises.

Yeah looks like tobacco mosaic IMHO. Don’t think it’s anything to worry about.
Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I hear that. That’s why I said beware. Even though it hasn’t happened for me, I have read at least 50 threads on this happening. Plus see it everyday in my life when I walk down my street. It’s a beast in AZ in the summer as I have said before. Statistically likely to burn the crap outta your plant if it’s wet in the sun or your LED.

It’s good advice when spraying or misting water that has had any oily additives just to be safe. As for water burning your leaves, science has proven this false so many times that I’m always surprised when someone repeats it.

If you’ve ever played with a magnifying glass to burn leaves, paper or whatever you should know that to generate heat the glass has to be a certain distance from the target to focus the light enough to get any real heat. Too close, too far . . . no burn.

For a water droplet to burn your leaves it would have to hit the leaf, suspend itself the proper distance above the surface of your leaf to focus the light and then remain suspended motionless long enough to burn.

That being said, it is possible for a water droplet to burn certain types of plants that have hairy, fuzzy or furry leaves. When a water droplet lands on these leaves it can become suspended by these hairs above the leaf surface and result in a leaf burn. But even this is near impossible.

They even studied whether a rain drop could start a forest fire and while theoretically possible that a droplet could become suspended in such a way over a very dry leaf and start a fire, science is pretty well satisfied that rain drops don’t start fires or burn our leaves if a drop falls on them while under lights.

1 Like

Your text isn’t enough. Show me your science.