This will be my second attempt at growing. The first was a failure that didn’t make it past the seedling stage due to not knowing what the hell I was doing. No knowledge, no experience, no grow. So instead of jumping right back in, I tried to gain enough knowledge to have a plan and feel a bit more confident the second time around. In retrospect, I regret purchasing the SuperBox and not taking the time to do my research; I obviously should’ve put the money toward a proper setup. But before I do that, I would like to prove to myself that I can grow a plant.
So, my goal is to grow one plant from seed to harvest in the SuperBox. I’m attracted to growing in coco as a method, and there seem to be good sources for step-by-step info on using it. Limiting it to one plant because a) space is limited, and b) I’m trying to keep it simple.
• Germinate seeds directly in Root Riot starter plugs
• When roots show from bottom, transplant to Solo cups filled with 70/30 coco/perlite mix and pre-fertigated with seedling-strength nutrients
• When plant has 3 nodes, transplant to 1-gallon fabric pot (final container???)
• Plan to fertigate at least twice a day to begin; feeding at each event according to Coco for Cannabis feeding schedule
• When plant has 6 nodes, either:
a) top to 4th node and LST remaining branches into trellis net
b) top to 3rd node and proceed to mainline or manifold
• Flip to 12/12 in time to accommodate stretch
Seems like a decent plan. We’ll see if I can execute.
• I’m worried about outgrowing the box. I plan on topping and training to keep things as small as possible, but I still need a target height (and where to place the net) for when to flip to flowering (assuming I get there, of course).
• I’m not at all sure about final container size. Am I right in thinking 1- to 2-gallon fabric pot is the most I can do in this space?
Okay, off we go…