Beginner Grow- falling in love

Here she is today. She still has some bad leaves, but she will live :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you left the damaged leaves, some are recovering.

1 Like

@gldeaton50 Sorry for the delayed reply, I just noticed I did not answer your question. I picked up a couple of items off garrigans list to have on hand , but went with an emergency feeding of Scotts Super Bloom. I was nervous to do this but the guy at the store said he used it when he had a similar issue, so I went for it. It has an NPK of 12-55-6! That is mega P, and the instructions called for 2 teaspoons in a gallon of water, but I broke that down to a half teaspoon per gallon. My girl has responded amazingly well in my opinion. I don’t see any signs of nute burn either. She can have another dose in a week, but her normal nutrition right now will be Epsoma Organic Bloom, super blossom booster. It breaks down to a 1-3-1 ratio. The phosphate in it is derived from some of the ingredients listed in garrigans post.

2 Likes

Thanks I’m glad to here she is responding. Sounds like you are on the right track I would continue with that additional phosphorous for a week or two.

1 Like

I would like you all to meet Potty Mouth, born Aug 18

7 Likes

A new life, make sure you keep it moist the peat pot will have a tendency to wick away the moisture. Hope all is well with your first love.

1 Like

@gldeaton50, my first love is hanging in there :grinning: and thanks for the tip on the pot; I’ll be sure Potty Mouth has enough to drink.

1 Like

Here is Potty Mouth who broke dirt yesterday.

she is a ww auto. She is going to be a sweet one. My first love is doing awesome, and has made a nice recovery from her ailment- I have put Greeny on light program of 12/12 even though she is an auto. She is short and bushy, just like I wanted my first child to be. She is teaching me patience.

5 Likes

Just to comment; Potty Mouth’s soil look very wet in the picture, but it isn’t. My soil is just a very dark color and when barely moist shows up that way in pics.

2 Likes

As you can see(I hope) in the first picture my baby Greeny has begun to get her flower on. The full shot of her does not do her justice, and I will retake that later. Do I need to trim her up from underneath? She has a very nice stalk, and has several flowers starting. I’ll count them later :yum:
Potty Mouth is doing very well too. Now I have to figure out what to do about the lighting because I dropped Greeny down to 12/12 even though she is an auto, and 12/12 is not right for Potty Mouth. Do you guys think it is ok to change Greeny to 14/10 since she is an auto so they can occupy the same space?

3 Likes

I don’t think changing the light schedule will do any harm if she is in flower. There are probably 4 to 5 wks longer till harvest. I would also consider placing a clf close overhead of the seedling as it begins to enter the vegetative stage.

2 Likes

@gldeaton50 Thanks for the advice. I will do just that.

1 Like

Well, I am going to let my ignorance out for a bit…ignorance is not stupidity, it just means I had not learned a particular thing yet, so here goes. I did not know that the white hairs came out from inside the green pistils that tell the sex of the plant. For some reason, I thought they would turn white, and wondered when that would happen. The whole visual of the plant going from veg to flower was like a mystery to me. I read a lot on it, but the pictures never captured the reality of the move. I am sure others who are new to this like myself have felt the same;. Until I actually saw(am seeing) the process unfold, I was unsure what Ito look for. I have just started my second plant, and when her time comes, I hope to capture a day to day series of small pictures for anyone else who may be confused about the process.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. This will be my first grow also and I swear I’ve worn my eyes out looking at my Widows :joy::older_woman:

1 Like

The easiest thing I have learned by having 2 test plants, one was lollipopped during veg and one was not. I think the buds on the lollipopped one are smaller (bag seeds, so might be genetics too), but I do know that there are zero worthwhile secondary nuggies at knuckles where the fan leaves were removed. Even though little leaves and flowers sprouted, they won’t amount to anything. Where there is a leaf, there is a bud. This even goes for one knuckle where I cut one leaf that was shading another flower. I left the leaf on the other side, and it has lopsided nuggies :wink:

2 Likes

Here are a couple beginnings. This is a side view. The colors never show true; I take them with a cheapy cell phone.
I am waiting for one more picture I took from the top looking down to show up.You can see Potty mouth in the third picture. I have been bringing her outside the last two days to let her get the real Sun. the colors look crazy, but this is a cool pic nontheless

3 Likes

WOW, looking amazing!! You go girl!!

1 Like

I hope I don’t but it looks like I have 2 weeks left and mine sprouted on may 27th :triumph:

My Greeny is looking great today…I trimmed up just a very little on the bottom closest to soil to let the breeze through. She was fed her organic Bloom at the PH of 6.4 and the runoff was 6.5. I am not sure what the TDS meter should be saying but I tested the runoff with it and that was about 728; is that too low, and what should it be? The temp is 80 right now, and the humidity 61. I ordered a mini humidifier for her house and am hoping that brings it down to at least 55. I will take her pic tomorrow. I noticed quite a few of the little gnat fly things at Greeny’s place. Hung a fly trap up before and that has a few stuck to it, but I will have to hang another because they have to go. After I fed her, I sprinkled dry soil over the top layer to distract the gnat flys from the moisture.

1 Like