Beginner First Grow: Candy Kush Support

Hi, My girls have contined to grow and can see multiple baby buds starting to grow. Also seem to have had streching occurrring but have read thats kind of normal during early flowering stages. Unfortunatly, that has resulted in the grow running out of room at the top where the CFL lights are and I have had to introduce some bondage (LST). I had considered doing some topping but decided against in favor of LST . I also performed some light Lollypopping on the bottom 1/3 of plant in attempt to direct bud growth to more dominant buds at the top.

The seed bank where seeds were purchased indicate grow time to completion is 65 - 70 days. If I discount the first 2 weeks when I was using a “hot” soil mix and did not have much growth, I can expect to have another 4 -5 weeks flowering before harvest. I expect by that time to have beccome an expert on LSTing the girls.

3 Likes

Looking good :blush:

I have continued to have to perform more LST on the girls as some of the other branches are growing taller and getting closer to the CFL lights. Buds are growing larger although I don’t think I am going to have all that much of harvest. I also think I am having some cal/mag issues as I have been seeing a lot of yellowing of the lower leaves (have been using purfied RO water). But this is my first grow and has been a excellent learning process. I will be able to apply what I learned on this grow to my next grow.

3 Likes

Continuing to water every other day and am alternating with plain RO water and then with nutrients. Current nutrient mix is 1 tbls Big Grow, 3 tbls Big Bloom, and about a teaspoon ov Epsom Salt in attempt to add some Magnesium to the girls. Bottom 1/3 of plant is now mostly bare as most of the leaves yellowed/dried out. They may not have been getting much light and I still suspect a cal/mag deficiency. My next grow will definitely include cal/mag supplement and am considering following a Fox Farms Feeding schedule I found online. Buds are getting larger and maybe have another 2 weeks to go at which point I will maybe begin flushing for a week,depending on the color of the pistils.
Have uploaded some more pics.

1 Like

Hi, so last night I harvested my 2 girls. First plant gave 2.9 oz /83 G after trimming the buds. Have the buds drying now. Will let dry for about 7 days or so and then transfer to glass jars to begin curing process. Planning on trying first smoke on Thanksgiving Day. 2nd plant buds were airy, and very small. Didn’t consider worth the effort to try and trim the buds so the plant was stripped and will be used to make butter later this weekend. The butter will be used to make something; maybe brownies? Should give me an indication on potency of the plants.
Inspection of the plant roots showed well devolved root system, did not look like roots were compacted or root-bound. The 3-gallon live plant pots worked well. Have some 5-gallon live planters that will used on my next grow.

Grow Conclusion
This was my first grow which also was a learning process.

1. Don’t start seedlings using a lot of nutrients/ hot soil; their very easy to burn. (now using Fox Farms Happy Frog soil)
  2. Avoid overwatering.
  3. I have a small grow space, attempting to grow 2 plants caused some serious overcrowding and impacted overall health of the plants/yield. Will only grow 1 plant in that current grow box. Do have another desk cabinet that I am considering on converting.
  4. Invest in a TDS meter to monitor PH runoff.
  5. Invest in some more nutrients (Fox Farms Grow Schedule) and equipment, ie: digital microscope (jeweler’s loupe was hard to use) larger intake/outtake fans, (avg. temps were close to 100 degrees during the day)

Will be germinating some Barney’s Farm Feminized Acapulco Gold seeds next week and will hopefully be able to apply what I have learned to this new exciting grow and am expecting much better results.

Happy Growing :sparkler:

1 Like

Hi Stvzie,

how long did it take for your harvest?