Beginner California Dream

I'm a new grower 49 yrs old and I'm an Army vet with diabetes and and bone to bone arthritis in my knees.. my Plant is 2.5 months with only a germination h/o t-5 and added 4 cfl bulbs. I tried outside for cost reasons and lost six battles to spider mights/ fungal gnats. Just fed 1/4  dosage of nutrients for 2nd feeding 3.days ago (Happy Frog) dry organic bloom nutrients (because I ran out of Happy Frog dry veg nutrients )and added blood meal not even a 1/4 cup for additional Nitrogen. I topped her once and now have ten topps. Also foyer spray twice a day with super thrive and aloe and when dry I sprayed R/O WATER.. after feeding her this time she started some spots and little bit of browning on older veg edges. I also fed at the same time as macro nutrients I fed, a teaspoon of molasses, tbsp of Mykos, a 1/ 8 of a tsp of super thrive and top dressed with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. Really slow growth( im sure because of inadequate lighting. So I was wondering if she looks good enough to transplant, what issue could I be having with spots and some light browning on a few of the older veg leaves. Also this grow is  very important because I need to boost this plant so I can make my own  RSO to see if I can reverse my diabetes and if I can, I want to help my son who is also diabetic and has celiac. If  someone could help me understand stand more about what is going on and know of and recommend a fairly inexpensive light that can help me yield more than two oz. I need to get at least 10oz if possible.  Thank you. ![1600264484825165892871588609007|375x500](upload://3OhRiw8YCPNa83kxlN8xpDPAU1m.jpeg) ![16002645113022064016572600294290|375x500](upload://h4oSR8GH2lZH5lTGXPaZgF3HKhP.jpeg) ![16002645484042560836046683195975|375x500](upload://598dsC920Ux3mmETiJxiAStVrOY.jpeg) ![1600264604510882867663965307262|375x500](upload://o3hJMphum27SMdOc94XWPtFgeqC.jpeg) [spoiler]This text will be blurred
Summary

This text will be hidden

[/spoiler]

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Thank you! I ran into a gentleman at a hydro store and he said the forum was awesome and that everyone treats you like family if you’re growing. So here I am and I need help.

3 Likes

I’m a new grower 49 yrs old and I’m an Army vet with diabetes and and bone to bone arthritis in my knees… my Plant is 2.5 months with only a germination h/o t-5 and added 4 cfl bulbs. I tried outside for cost reasons and lost six battles to spider mights/ fungal gnats. Just fed 1/4 dosage of nutrients for 2nd feeding 3.days ago (Happy Frog) dry organic bloom nutrients (because I ran out of Happy Frog dry veg nutrients )and added blood meal not even a 1/4 cup for additional Nitrogen. I topped her once and now have ten topps. Also foyer spray twice a day with super thrive and aloe and when dry I sprayed R/O WATER… after feeding her this time she started some spots and little bit of browning on older veg edges. I also fed at the same time as macro nutrients I fed, a teaspoon of molasses, tbsp of Mykos, a 1/ 8 of a tsp of super thrive and top dressed with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. Really slow growth( im sure because of inadequate lighting. So I was wondering if she looks good enough to transplant, what issue could I be having with spots and some light browning on a few of the older veg leaves. Also this grow is very important because I need to boost this plant so I can make my own RSO to see if I can reverse my diabetes and if I can, I want to help my son who is also diabetic and has celiac. If someone could help me understand stand more about what is going on and know of and recommend a fairly inexpensive light that can help me yield more than two oz. I need to get at least 10oz if possible. Thank you.

5 Likes

Hello! welcome. New grower here so not going to be a lot of help. however there are many that can.

Here is a support ticket. Go ahead and fill it out and it will help the other members better understand what is going on.
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile.
@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Bobbydigital @Myfriendis410

4 Likes

First welcome to the community and thanks for your service ! If you could put up the size space you’re planning on growing in. To choose the right light for your space. I will say the light is one of the most important things to have a successful indoor grow. 10 oz’s is very doable.

1 Like

Strain; California Dream

Soil in pots, Ocean Forrest potting soil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I ph 6.3 when watering and feeding.

What is strength of nutrient mix? Happy Frog fruit and flower 4-9-3 with, i ran out of the ha

Indoor closet -high output t5 seedling dome light and 4 100w cfl 5000k.

Temps; currently house temp 73° f outside mid to upper 80s.low this morning of 58°f. Root temp 77°f

Humidity; has been 62% +, inside n/a

Ventilation system; no, ceiling fan on high

AC, yes, house

Co2; no just what I contribute each day and other family members.

Strain; California Dream

Soil in pots, Ocean Forrest potting soil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I ph 6.3 when watering and feeding.

What is strength of nutrient mix? Happy Frog fruit and flower 4-9-3 with, i ran out of the ha

Indoor closet -high output t5 seedling dome light and 4 100w cfl 5000k.

Temps; currently house temp 73° f outside mid to upper 80s.low this morning of 58°f. Root temp 77°f

Humidity; has been 62% +, inside n/a

Ventilation system; no, ceiling fan on high

AC, yes, house

Co2; no just what I contribute each day and other family members.

Thank you. 1 plant rough est 3.5ft x 6.5ft occupied closet.

2 Likes

First off you will want to upgrade lights. You can grow in veg with CFL’s but will fall way short in flower.

One bit of advice when shopping for lights: if it’s blurple, don’t buy it. If it says anywhere: “Equal to 1,000 watt HPS but only draws 180 watts!” don’t buy it.

Horticulture Lighting Group, CHILled Logic, California Lightworks are 3 places you can start.

4 Likes

Yeah gonna need more light, a HLG 260 rspec would work nicely for your space and more than capable of growing 10 oz of bud.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Hellraiser would be a great choice of light for your space but I would go ahead and get the XL (extra-long) HLG 260 v2 R-Spec xl

3 Likes

Welcome to the group and Semper Fi brother! I’m a prime example of why lower quality lights wont work for high yield or high quality buds. I have 2 cheap lights with a combined 480 true watts at the wall. Manuf claims of over 2500 watts equivalent combined. I’m harvesting a cal dream in 2-3 weeks. I’m in a 4’x4’ tent. My plant takes up well over half of that space. I’ll be lucky if I get over 2 ounces. One of which will be popcorn sized buds at maybe 25% quality. The other will not be big fat dense buds. The cheaper lights will never produce quantity nor quality even with plenty of watts. It’s a hard lesson most of us have learned. Happy growing and enjoy! Ps. Without good lighting your plant cant absorb most of the nutrients your feeding it. Some of your leaf issues may be a little nute burn.

2 Likes