Beginner Bruce Banner Autoflower grow

Have to agree here. I had one like that and raised the lights to make her stretch and she looks pretty sweet now a month or so later.
4" high (with LST). Had to fold down the edge of the planter.

Now about 2 ft tall. It grew about an inch a day for 10 days straight and started flowering.
Front right in photo.

2 Likes

dbrn32 thanks !!! I would ask how much higher you would put the light? Itā€™s at 20 inches right nowā€¦ at 100%

8-10" and see how that goes.

raised the lights and voila got some height growth. Also I think some flowering happeningā€¦

Thanks @dbrn32 for the adviceā€¦

4 Likes

Looking good, how old are they now ? might want to start some LST to open up more bud sites ?

Day 35 Oct 12th @VOL4LIFE @Graysin @Kingkupa anyone else take a look or tag Iā€™ve got NO IDEA what to do with these now. Going well, I think. That pipe is 24" giving DLI of 50 all around last time I looked.

2 Likes

Wow, those look GREAT. Great job, Iā€™m a newbie so wait for others who know more but I would start to try some LST, maybe clean up the bottom. To let better light penetration. But great job

Exactly what @Kingkupa said - time to start snipping excessive fans and if you want, training them horizontally so they have better overall light penetration.

My first attempt at LST was a learning curve , I did a little more week by week. Same with trimming, do it bit by bit, read on a thread never more then like 30% a one time. After good trimming, feed that day, before, after

This is week 7, Aside from a few leaves with brown spots , one sacrificed for photo purposes, I think things are going very well. LOVE these lights, so far. watering to light runoff every 2 days now. going to do only water today, hopefully a break from the nutrients if thats what is stressing the leaves. I read somewhere that a grower posted that in an autoflower grow you should be pushing the limits of the nutes, a little burning doesnā€™t hurt and lets you know the outer edge of what you can do, If thereā€™s any truth to that Iā€™m golden! LOL. I think thatā€™s what is happeningā€¦ otherwise Iā€™m just looking forward to seeing what happens in the next month. thanks for all the comments and please, have at it! Iā€™m just learningā€¦ have a good weekend! Bill
@Graysin @Kingkupa @HMGRWN @VOL4LIFE

6 Likes

Looking exceptional. Keep it up and happy growing!

1 Like

Hey great job they all look amazing. Keep up whatever your doing, those lights seem to be killing it

I see a little bit of what could be nute burn on some leaf tips. Yes, push your auto as much as you can. By the looks of your plant I would continue doing what you have been like the others said. They look great! Good job bro :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Capt.Cola any thoughts on the brown spots on the leaves? only a few have them but thereā€™s more than one on each plant so itā€™s systemic and has to be nutrients. Iā€™m pHā€™ing my water and floranova bloom to 6.5.

1 Like

On the leaf tips? From what I can see some leaf tips have a little nute burn which is no worry. The other spots might be a cal deficiency. Do you use cal mag?

zoom in on the single leaf picture. Faint brown spots. See them? i am not using cal mag, Was told itā€™s not necessary once the flowering starts. Iā€™ve been trying to keep it simple the first grow. As you are well aware, theres FIFTY MILLION things people say to do to these plants, nurtients galore in the stores, recharge, fish shit, cal mag, worm castings, molasses, epsom salts the list goes on and on.

ANyways, I digress. you see the brown spots? curious what they are and I will report back after a day or two to see if they change. no nutrients today just a good watering at 6.5 pH day old water to evaporate the chlorine in the tap water.

I do see the spots. They look very minor like a small deficiency at some point. Just monitor them and make sure it doesnā€™t get worse. Yes there are plenty of people saying different things. Look for growers on here with some time and experience to lean on. Plenty of good knowledge on here to help anyone out.

1 Like

Funny, my personal experience has been that Cal-Mag is most needed just before and during flower.
My autos generally look great right up into flowering then if not using cal-mag the spots/splotches start. My WW is doing that right now and this AM I flushed with water, low 6 Ph then full feed with extra cal-mag. Will see how she reacts.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN I believe this situation is exactly what is happening. full on flower 1-2 weeks ago, and just noticing the spots which look a LOT like calcium deficiency. So I read a little bit and surmised that
(all of these are hypotheses and or generaliations of a ā€œlittle knowledge is a dangerous thingā€ but Iā€™m learning ā€¦ I gather:

Itā€™s hard to overdo CalMag
Calcium is best absorbed a little higher in the pH scale 6.5-7.5 is what I read
CalMag on water days not feed days. This conflicts with general advice of ā€œFeed them all they will takeā€¦ feed every time you waterā€ and Iā€™m a little on the fence about that.

Iā€™m using general hydroponics stuff so I bought some calmagic (the one that looks like breaking bad) and this is what I did. I fed two days ago so today was a water day. About a gallon of water and full strength CalMag(ic) 1 mL per gallon, pHā€™d to 6.85 per plant.

so a water and full strength CalMag, lots of runoff so they werenā€™t thirsty yet. but I got some calmag into the soil, we will see. Question when you say ā€œextra cal magā€ what does that mean? how much extra? Think I should have done a double dose to titrate up to strength and then full dose?
Thanks for the input!

3 Likes

I doubled the recommended dose.
I propose you continue as you described

I added it double to a full nute dose at a lower Ph around 6.2.
We should compare results over the next few days to see which works best.

1 Like