Beginner- Brown Spots

First, my apologies on those who have tried to help me and received no reply. I have never been in a Forum before, much less known how to post pictures but I hope to solve that here. I planted 6 seeds of which 4 have sprouted. 72 degree temp, 50 HR. As the HR was not high enough I placed them under clear plastic cups which now at two weeks, I have removed. They seem to grow at varying rates. One is tall and has little leaf growth. One is short and has substantial growth, the other two are so-so. However the concern I have foe all of them is that they are all developing sone brown areas along the leaves and I don’t know how to curb it. The cups did result in routine water droplets on the leaves which I removed daily. Any ideas?

4 Likes

fill this out for the community to be able to provide assistance

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

4 Likes

Too many variables to diagnose without what @BudzMS posted for you to fill out. At minimum what kind of medium are you growing in and what PH is the water going in at?

3 Likes

Some water droplet burns but not a biggie. I would get the temps up for the seedling early veg growth stage. 78-82 with and RH of 60-65% :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Looks overly wet on the medium??

Probably from the leaves getting damp or wet, agree with @OGIncognito about seedling temperatures. Those baby roots want to be warm to grow. I would want no higher than 82 degrees, and the temp is much more important than the RH is in my uneducated opinion.

2 Likes

Temp has been a constant 72 degrees. Rh had not been great at 52-58 but under the dopes (clear plastic cups) is was more. The cups consistently had misty condensation on them. Now at 16 days I have removed the cups.

Mike

1 Like