Beginner and need some help!

Drill some 1/2”-3/4” holes in the bottom of the pots (roughly 5-7) to help with drainage.

Now days, if I pick up a pro mix like you have, I’ll place it a piece of plastic 4’x6’ out flat and spread my soil out then lightly spray it with a peroxide/water mixture to get it to SSD (surface saturated dryness) then allow a fan to blow on it until the soil has dried out decently. Continue to churn the soil, randomly, while the fan blows on it for roughly a 24 hour period of time.

Also, add perlite to that soil, as you want that excess nitrogen that the Pro Mix comes with to escape before you hit your flowering stage else your internodal spacing will be larger than you would like.

2 Likes

All I can think of is @Myfriendis410 maybe @Covertgrower too but Al is def in Promix

2 Likes

I use Promix and my target is 5.8 to 6.0.

4 Likes

I used Promix as well with micorhizi but I add dry fertilizers with also to get them to flower before feeding nutrients.

2 Likes

Good to know Yoshi. Ill keep ya in mind for tag bombs… (if my stoned butt dont forget haha)

1 Like

Except I add 5-8-4 or 5-4-2 to my promix at one 1/4 cup per gallon of promix with a 1 tablespoon of Azos and 1 tablespoon of Mykos and 1 tablespoon of worm casting . I’m not sure if this makes a difference but I also like to take the hunks of peat moss and break it up loose in the hole I’m placing my seedling to fine fiber almost cause the peat moss has silica in it and it seems to help my seedlings get strong stalks early . Just what I do , nothing required .
Ph 5.8 - 6.2 than the last week’s of flower I go up to 6.5 and back down to 6.2 than I water them out until the runoff is almost clear and I water starve them in the pots before hanging helps with the drying .

2 Likes

Yo @GreenJewels uf I’m in the flowering stage could I leave my plant in the light until it gets dark(plants are indoors)? I say this bc as a rookie I planted plants a different cycles and I only have 1 2x4 tent. So when the veg cycle plants I have need light I have to turn them on but when the flowering plants don’t need light I have to find some kind of where to make it dark which is hard. What should I do bc I don’t have 2 tents to separate the plants?

Well that is problematic. They are photos and not autos, right?
The photoperiod girls in flower need 12 hours of complete darkness or they will revert to veg.
I’ve seen others go 12/12 light schedule from the beginning, they get a small plant that flowers as soon as it’s mature enough.
There’s the option of getting a tent to manually move them to at dark, that’s a real pita though.
@PurpNGold74 @yoshi do you have any suggestions?

1 Like

You mean leave the vegging plants in sunlight for more light hours?

Sure I dod the same thing. Be wary tho. Indoor plants going outside if even for a couple of hours can relocate pests. Happens to the best of us.

I think he means it’s am already flowering plant, I could be wrong though

1 Like

Well while we wait… Hey Jewels! Lol

1 Like

Lol, I wasn’t paying attention, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Hey Purp​:v::green_heart: I hope all is well with you and the family.

1 Like

It is it is. Blessd and highly favored. How bout urself

1 Like

I’m doing great, thanks :blush:

1 Like

Sorry for the very late reply but I was meaning I have one plant in flowering. It needs darkness, so I’m trying to figure out how to give it that. I was thinking about buying this just to put it in because im doing this in my room lmao and it’s not big. Do you think this will be fine just for darkness? If so could I just have the tent only for it or would that not be good for the plant as far as the humidity etc?

Yea youre going to want that ventilation running in the flower tent during darkness. Humidity would skyrocket.

Maybe a bit more ducting and having it run from the veg tent to passively keep airflow moving? But you’d need a way to keep light blocked as well….

Looks like an @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 kind of solution?

2 Likes

I have piggy backed my exhaust with a y splitter. Then one fan pulls the air from 2 small tents.

I’m in a tough spot… gotta figure out a spot to put my flowering in bc I have a lot of plants that I shouldn’t of grown in a 2x4 tent. Also so I just put ocean forest in line them fabric pots and now inside my tent it’s cooler… why is that? It’s 72.9 degrees is that ok?

Could I see a picture?

1 Like

If your purchasing this must for someplace dark, don’t. Complete darkness is not mandatory for harvesting.

You know what they say, if you can see the floor, it’s wasted light.

If you’re considering upgrade space, what does your budget allow for lighting cost? Maybe we can work you into a 3x3 better? Then you’ll be able to use the 2x4 for a veg space? Just some things to consider.

2 Likes