Beginner and need some help!

I’m new to growing weed(indoor) and I’m not sure a couple things…. What in-line duct fan I should get for a 48”x24”x60”. Also my plant is dying a little as it’s growing (at least I believe)

• Strain: Blue Haze
  • Type (fem/auto/reg): female
  • Climate (indoor/outdoor): indoor
  • Medium (soil/hydro/details): Soil
  • pH of runoff or solution in reservoir: ?
  • Nutrient mix strength (EC/TDS): I’m using
  • Light type & schedule: Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light. 12/12
  • Temperatures day & night: I honestly don’t know but I’m on it now ordering a thermometer.
  • Humidity day & night: Not sure I’m ordering that as well
  • Ventilation: I don’t have at the moment.
  • AC: Don’t have at the moment but getting a small fan.
  • Humidifier: currently have “ultrasonic cool mist humidifier” but haven’t use because I don’t have a fan or in-line duct fan… don’t know if I need this before putting the humidifier in there.
  • De-humidifier: N/A
  • Co2: ??
2 Likes

Also wanted to include a picture.

So I’m noticing orange in the middle as well… not sure what that indicates. But as you can see the plants look like they are dying as they are growing if that make sense.

I’m a newbie myself as well, but I would t recommend starting two seeds in the same pot, let alone close together like that. As their roots get more established, I would imagine they’d tangle and intertwine, which would make transplanting and separating much more difficult. If you damage any of the roots, that’ll slow down your growth.

More experienced growers can feel free to correct me (I’m only on my second plant).

4 Likes

yeah i understand that make sense… funny because that was a complete accident. You also made me noticed im moving to fast smh @UGrowGIRL

3 Likes

Can you take a pic under normal lighting so the true colors show?

Right on :+1: I wouldn’t recommend this either, nice catch :v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

My bad for all the pics lol @GreenJewels

2 Likes

If i was u while all small id get them seperated super gently. Dump out slowly and transplnt singles. As roots grow itll be harder to seperate without stressing them from ripping roots. Its possible to do if dirt dont fall apart when dump out slowly pour water on and wash dirt away from roots.

2 Likes

Thank you, that definitely helps.
They look good.
This one appears to have the over watered look to it. An extremely common occurance and also the cause of most seedling deaths. Try to let the soil dry out before watering.

I poor a small amount around the edge of the cup, where I put the red line. It makes those roots go search for water in the soil, giving you good strong roots.
The new center growth normally looks paler compared to the rest, it will turn darker as it grows. Is the light color centers your concern?

2 Likes

I agree with jewels about overwatering I would like to know more about soil and. Nutrients it makes a big difference what type and I saw ?. About ph and ppm if you’re not familiar that could be your trouble also.

2 Likes

ok great thank you that helps a lot! And yeah it was until you mentioned to turn a clearer light on haha. @GreenJewels

1 Like

:grin: it does help :wink: good luck with the grow and tag me if you need anything. When I’m around, I try to help. I was new once too. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Are there drain holes at the bottom of your pots?

I agree with the overwatering, and it looks like a little nitrogen toxicity (most likely due to the soil you have them in). 

I did the same thing my first grows, but to help mitigate the water retention of the soil you have, add a 25-30% mixture of perlite to soil next time.

Good luck, and happy growing :v:

1 Like

@Shaq21 they ready to transplant to final pots , be careful with the two in one pot sir they may be tangle but it’s OK just be cautious.

3 Likes

Soil below @LearnasUgrow

2 Likes

No there isn’t drain holes, one of them holds water(the light blue pot)

@GreenJewels so I just put in the in-line duct fan and my plants for some reason seem to be growing quic… I also think I was overwatering them. But I’m starting to notice this. What could this be? And what should I do? Should I cut these parts off or don’t bother it?

1 Like

I would go ahead and transplant them. Those leaves are from over watering and inadequate drainage. Drainage holes in the cups really helps.
Promix is good stuff. I do believe the ph sweet spot is 5.8 on promix. Let’s wait for confirmation on that though. @PurpNGold74 @yoshi I can’t remember who grows in promix, I know we have some growers that use it but my wake and bake is causing a mind block there :grin:
After you get them transplanted, I would trim the lower leaves on the larger girls and let the smaller ones ride for a while and get more leaves before removing any :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Ok cool thanks! @GreenJewels

1 Like

A lot of people here grow in peat moss I would suggest reading thier grow journal that soil has a lot of good stuff in there but if you’re water isn’t. In the right ph range the plant won’t be able to use them also ppm tells you when those nutrients are being depleted In. The soil I am not a peat grower but these rules still apply good luck happy growing :v:

1 Like