Beginner 2x4 grow

Also just found this lol

2 Likes

Don’t see any preflowers yet. Just let them grow and keep them healthy and fed.

B spec is for veg only, R spec is fine for whole grow. If only getting one light, go R spec as it gives you more options. If setting up a dedicated veg room/tent then a B spec would be a great choice for that. You could buy the B spec light and get a couple R specs boards and you could swap boards as needed, that way have best light for veg with the B specs, and if you ever want to flower with the lights, a 5 minute job of swapping the boards and now you have a R spec. I have extra B spec and R spec QB288 boards to change my lights back and forth as needed.

2 Likes

I only have 1 tent for now hoping for separate tents soon!! Would the r spec be better in veg/flower than 400mh/hps what I’m trying to say is should I get b spec and keep hps or just go full r spec?

1 Like

I’d go full R spec, will get better yields and be easier to cool and save a little money on the electric bill as well.

1 Like

Plus I’ll have everything for a 2nd tent if full rspec I’m doing it !! You’re the man!

1 Like

The HLG 300L correct ?

1 Like

You could go with either the 300L R spec (fully assembled plug and play) or if you don’t mind putting a light kit together yourself, could save $100 with the 260W R spec, same light basically but the 300L has the fancier red heatsink.

1 Like

Do I need a new ballast for the light?

No, the HLG lights and kits come with everything needed.

1 Like

My dumbass bent the branch to get some light in there and it snapped !! Not completely off but damned near I ran to the kitchen and got some local honey put it on the break and taped it so it stands up perfectly what do I do ?!?! @Hellraiser

You just did it. Let it heal and a knuckle will form and it will be as good as new. Remove tape then.

2 Likes

Yes literally just did it my heart broke and I went to the kitchen !!

It will heal though ??

I mean you just did what you needed to do! All is good now.

1 Like

The anticipation is killing me and it’s been 4 minutes lol

Been there done that, many others also. No biggie. You did the exact think you should have. Sit back smoke a bowl she will heal just fine.

2 Likes

You did the right thing, nothing else to do but let it heal.

@Hellraiser hey man it’s been a while!! I’m on week 5 of veg today I’m feeding 3/4 dose advanced nutrients in 1 gallon bottle so 1/2 gallon nutrients for both plants should I be doing more than a half gallon of nutes or is that fine also how much should I be watering ? ( I only water about a half gallon each plant also) I have both plants in 5gal air pots and I mean they are growing but they are at like 14 inches height. I think they should be bigger I got the HLG 300L rspec it’s 24” from canopy am I rootbound maybe ? I ordered 7 gallon and 10 gallon pots just in case I’m gonna transplant today before I feed them is that a good idea ? I need help lol

1 Like

You should use enough water to get a little runoff, that way you know you’re giving enough water to get all the soil wet and no dry spots. I give my 3 gals a 1/2 gal of water so you may need to bump it up a bit and see how much you need, maybe 3/4 gal or more depending on your soil mix.

I would not think 5 week plants would be root bound in 5 gals, but if they are drying out that pot in 1 or 2 days then should consider transplanting up.

2 Likes

I ordered 7 gal pots expecting them soon, lights are off right now let me see if I have a picture

Here’s what they looked like Thursday after watering. They don’t get much perkier it’s weird!
And they haven’t really gotten bigger in length maybe m expecting the “stretch” before flower idk…
Also got these pictures both female ?