Beginner 2nd dwc bubble bucket grow

Top feed needs to be some distance from seedling to avoid damping off. Allow the hydroton to wick over to the plant and make her ‘hunt’ for water. Make sure rez level is 1 to 2" below net pot. No nutes until cotyledons yellow. Once roots poke through and touch water you can discontinue top feed.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410
I would like to progress to something like that in the future, but I’m just trying to get the basics down right now. Also, I’m not the handiest when it comes to DIY.

1 Like

Thanks @Myfriendis410
I’ve been watering the RR, so I’ll stop that ASAP!

3 Likes

That sounds like a likely culprit. RR is staying wet. Let it dry up some. Those plugs hold a LOT of water. After my seeds sprout, I leave them in the humidity dome for 7 days before placing in the bucket. I do not top feed, due to the fact that when I did, they stayed too wet and didn’t do well. I obviously over watered.

2 Likes

Thanks! I hope she recovers!

2 Likes

Howdy, @Southerngal! You’re in good hands. I’m just dropping by to say welcome to ILGM! :v:

3 Likes

@elheffe702 HI :wave:
Thanks for the welcome!!

2 Likes

Looks like leaves are drooping a lot. Signs of over watering possibly. Sure looks very wet up top there.

1 Like

@BetrayedSoul I was top feeding and getting the plug wet. I’ve stopped that. Hoping for the best now.
Thanks!

2 Likes

If she were mine, I would be moistening with a 10:1 rapid start nute.

1 Like

@GoneFission I don’t have any of that, but i’ll Look into it. Thanks for the input.

Whats the clear tube next to it ? That will for sure bring light into the root area.
When i had clear tubes in first grow for my air pump i just used electrical tape to cover them so no light can transmit through them.
Was cheap and effective.

3 Likes

My rapid rooters stay damp the entire time. From the moment I put the sprout in them until they go into the net pot and beyond. Just damp enough that when you touch them then rub your fingers together you can tell there’s moisture.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! @BetrayedSoul

No change really and still no roots coming out of the bottom. Should I just keep it going like this?

1 Like

How close is water to bottom of net pot ?

Do the bubbles get the water to dampen the bottom of net pot ?

Also if thats an air line running through pot i would suggest going through side of bucket with it. It may cause issues if you have to lift lid to check roots and such because it will get tangled in roots.
Plant looks over watered to me. Droopy leaves i ever had was from to much water.
It may also droop from nutes being to strong. You don’t need much at all at start. I usually use just a couple ml per gallon at start of just base nutes .

1 Like

I think It can also droop from lights being to close.

2 Likes

@BetrayedSoul
I will have to drill some holes in my pots.
The water is about an inch below the net pot and it’s getting wet from the splashing bubbles. Earlier replies were saying it looked over watered as well, so I have not been top feeding yesterday and today to give it a chance to dry out a little.
No nutes yet… just ph corrected tap water.

Sounds great.

It does take a little bit for them to get roots to the water. Just be patient and keep an eye on it.

And always ask questions when needed.

Im no pro but with the help from members here i sure feel like one.

Maybe just maybe with everything i learn here i may become the Grand Beginner Wizard of hydro grows lmfao.

2 Likes

I appreciate y’all so much!!

2 Likes