Haven’t tossed it out yet but I might just use it to make a salve. I was looking into food grade the other day actually. I don’t know if Amazon would deliver it to Virginia with our laws as they are but I Thank you for the tip @Caligurl
Cloned by a friend and I was days late coming to pick them up so they were badly in need of up potting and stronger lighting at that point. They looked rough up top but the roots were exploding out of the plugs. Buddy don’t do soil so he’d done as much as possible to care for them. The picture above was taken the next day after transplanting into temporary pots.
This is today, 20 days after getting them. I need to quickly decide on a training plan. I still haven’t decided whether to run both or pick one and scrog it. I like the net until I need to flush the soil. I’ve gotten accustomed to the convenience of the back deck and the stall shower for heavy watering.
What size tent do you have? that will determine what training you can do
Thanks but I wasn’t seeking help actually for advice on that. It was more thinking out loud. To answer the question though, 20 in by 36 in by 53 in tall. Managing height of course is a given but what I am trying to decide is whether to dedicate the entire space to a single plant or grow them both which will involve a bit more planning with the training. Either option will involve training to some degree. The other question I was opining out loud involved the trellis net which is of course a great help when doing more intricate training but my issue with that is that once I have that in place I can no longer remove them from the tent to make the heavier waterings like Flushing a lot easier and less time consuming because I can just let the runoff free fall either into a drain or outside on the porch if it’s warm enough. Because of the space limitations once they’re locked in with a net I have to use a Shop-Vac to remove the runoff and it’s a repeat process. Lots of repeating at times. All that said it’s still tricky to move them when they’re not netted in once they get a bit of size on them. Eventually I may be able to move the operation to a larger room in the house and then some of these limitations will no longer be a factor. By the way thanks for the advice on storage with Groves. I knowingly took a risk putting them away before they were fully dry to slow down but unfortunately didn’t stay on top of it and let a few days go by without checking on them so live and learn right.
Sorry about that
No need for that. Advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.
Growing like weeds!
Attempting FIM on both. Yet to have success with this technique but not a big deal if it doesn’t take.
Busy lately and I’m adjusting the light timer incrementally so the lights go out earlier. Haven’t kept my journal updated or snapped a post defoliation picture but here’s Saturday morning just before pre flip defol. I’ll try to get a couple more posted soon.
Yeah, we noticed.
There are more that follow than you know!!
I appreciate it. Certainly more than I expected when I started this journal. It was just for keeping track of what I was doing at first. I’m glad others are enjoying it, especially since it’s a bit less active, informative, exciting than other journals. Thank you.
The light timer’s set. They are taller than anything I’ve ever done yet and only the second time doing a photo grow. The mother only stretched 4-6 inches so maybe won’t be too much of a challenge but they don’t have a lot of headroom left. As always, I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.
Got proactive and moved the exhaust fan outside the tent, moved the circulation fan up to max height and changed the light rigging to get it as high up as possible. They were 29 and 30 in tall from soil level before training a few tallest branches in a last minute attempt to even up the upper canopy. Net on standby to support if it becomes necessary. I didn’t have as much spare time for training as the other photo I had so these 2 have had no training until now.
Guess I changed my mind about crossing the bridge. Wiser to be prepared than wait and react.
Water only today. I have not been feeding them at all until 3 days ago. They were doing well enough on the ocean forest. I also have not been catching runoff. I prefer minimal water to avoid runoff for 4 or more weeks after up potting to just let the soil feed. Now that I’ve begun adding nutrients I will be, probably next watering. Starting to look like something. And I’m going to close with a couple pictures of the mother plant (far right) and her tent mates and a bud shot.
Looking good brother @OverallQuill80
What kind of watering system are you using on the big girls?
I’m refilling plastic gallon jugs with well water from a friend’s place 20 minutes away. Gets to be a bit of a hassle as the grows progress but it’s really good water. I usually have opportunities with my service plumbing job to get by there to refill. I could easily add a RO filter system but I don’t really want to sacrifice the money and the space that the multi stage filter assembly and the pressure bladder tank require. The main reason I haven’t advanced beyond water jugs is because the carpet floor and the particle board subfloor. That and limited space in the grow area keeps me from going to an automatic watering setup. If you are asking about the three in late flower pictured, that’s another grower’s setup and he diy built.
Went for a visit and saw the three big girls up close and WOW. Gasoline and Grape are how I’d describe smell and overpowering. They are rather leafy but hearty resin producers so that should be good news for the edibles kitchen when my two clones are finished. That will be 8-9 weeks but showing good early flower development so far.