Be gentle it's my first time

I’m probly way outta my league here with y’all :smile: but have learned so much from just reading everybody else’s questions and answers I had to say thank you all!!!
My first grow. White widow. I took the newbie advice of using a potting soil & making it easier on myself. Its fine but compacts a bit much after watering so considering a different medium next crop. I did not start with a good light so they stretched, one considerably more than the other 2, but I lifted them up so the tops are all close to same distance from light. I do have a good light now, spider farmer 1000 & they’ve clearly benefited. I’ll probly get another light before the next grow.
My current concern is that only my tall girl has pistils, & she’s got a lot of them but the other 2 don’t, even tho they seem to be starting flowers :thinking: they’re still on 18/6 was going to start taking an hr a day off until I get to 12/12
Any advice is welcome, thanks so much!

2 Likes

Also, got these 4 cuttings off the tall girl 4 days ago. 2 in honey water 2 in floragro water (very diluted but I didn’t measure) I’m pretty impressed how g

ood they look :grin:

1 Like

Welcome to the community @amykies.

1 Like

First and foremost… Welcome to the community!! It sounds like you have autos? I’m not an auto guy and still new as well. But I do know that some autos will take longer to flower than others. Do you know the origins of your seeds?
Happy Growing!!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes they’re auto, I got them from right here @ ILGM

1 Like

I’d just give them some time. There’s tons of resources within this community so feel free to ask away!! Once again…Welcome!
Happy Growing!!

1 Like

thank you!

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.

I’m not to sure about cloning Auto’s. Tagging @Nicky - The Auto Expert!

3 Likes

Your spider farmer 1000 is a quality light but will only flower a 2x2 ft area. It looks like one of your plants alone occupies that space. You may want to consider more light. Because you are growing autos you don’t need to go down to 12 / 12. You can just continue on as you are unless they still continue to refuse to flower then they could need a nudge. Plants look great so far! Good luck!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I would go ahead and switch to 12/12 on light schedule. Autos will flower between 4 to 7 weeks usually. But you can get one that will take longer. Plants look nice and healthy.

2 Likes

honestly i just took them off cuz they were half the size of the branches above them. popped them into water only cuz it was setting right there handy but then couple hrs later they weren’t droopy at all so figured what the heck :wink: not guna be sad if they die, but would be cool if they didn’t!

thanks! i’ll for sure get another light before i start more, you think i should only do 4 plants with 2 lights then?

What size is your tent? The size and shape of the space dictates size and amount of light and of course the number of plants assuming not special grow techniques and or training.

2 Likes

Looks like they arnt using a tent @beardless but mylar in a closet or something.

Thanks for the tag @emgoldslo

@Eagles009 is correct here thst light is for a 2x2 area or 1 plant.

You will want more lighting. I recommend looking into kingbrites on Alibaba they are your best bang for your buck, spider farmer many use they are just a bit more overpriced then I prefer but they are a okay choice for price to performance.

Some autos veg longer than others.
Where are the seeds from who is the breeder?
How old are these plants? Same age?

You cna force a flip by putting the plants into 48hr of darkness followed by a 12/12 until you notice flowering, then you can try and go back to an auto light scedule or you can remain on 12/12.

Considering your current lighting I would recommend a 20/4 light scedule to help give more energy to the plants as currently they are under less than optimal lighting.

As for cloning you can take clones from autos although they will be tied to the same genetic timer as the mother and thus they will start flowering by the time they root basically.
There has been successful auto clones but it is not a common practice and takes even an expert a bit of luck. Hence 99% of auto growers do not clone my self included.

4 Likes

Nice choice on the widow, it’s very resilient and resistant to powder mildew and bud root so a great place to start.

1 Like

I trusted the advice on this site as to which seeds to start with & glad I did for sure! Got the awesome 10+10 deal too! I didn’t realize I could only reply so many times so I’ll try to respond to all the questions asked. Yes, it’s mylar heat blankets I used on the walls instead of a tent. I can make it bigger and I’ll add another light soon. I’ll stick to this light, it didn’t seem that expensive to me & was suggested by a local grow expert who’s been helping me along the way. The cuttings are just for fun, not looking to get anything from them, but they are still looking fine.
I was more concerned with why only one has pistils but they’re all starting to flower :thinking: I get that they may be off a bit in timing but been an awful long time since the first pistols showed up on the tall girl & still none on the others. They’re beautiful green and healthy looking so I’m not panicking about it but just curious and hopeful they’re still going to produce for me :grin:

1 Like

Yeah autos can flip at any time some flip at a foot tall while it’s sister might be 2 foot before she flips. Autos are like teenagers they do it when they feel like. The way I look at it is the longer it takes in veg the more you can harvest later. Good luck and bountiful harvest

2 Likes

being a newbie i’m always worrying if i’m taking good care of my girls, giving them everything they need. here they are a couple weeks from my first post. what do y’all think, they look ok?
ps…i did get another light, spider farmer 2000 :wink: they’re definitely loving that!

2 Likes