Bazoo's first run

Labor day and I’m dropping seeds for the first time!!
I am starting with 4 Girl Scout cookies extreme from ILGM. Also, from Homegrown Cannabis Co. I have 3 Cherry Pie’s and one Gelato. They all soaked for approximately 30 hours, The Gelato I tried the paper towel method for the same 30 hours. The gelato has the longest tail. One GSCE and one Cherry Pie have smaller tails. the other 5 are cracked open a little with no tails. I put them into solo cups filled with pre-moistened happy frog. They are in a tray, on a seedling heat pad with 2 t5 bulbs 8 inches above the top of the cups. The light will stay on 24 hours. I will monitor temp and humidity with a sensor push sensor in one of the cups.
Am I off to a good start? @Covertgrower @Hellraiser
I can’t thank everyone here enough for everything I have learned over the past few weeks.

here they are along with a shot of the real Bazoo… just so you can put a face to the name

12 Likes

I love both pictures. Sounds like you’re off to a great start. I’ll be following.

1 Like

thanks!! you were a huge help this morning.

1 Like

Everything looks fine, happy growing!

1 Like

Were the Gelato the freebie with the order? I have 2 of them growing now just finished the 5th week of flower and am impressed with them. They smell sweet almost like candy. Good luck growing.

1 Like

If you don’t mind I’ll be tagging along for the ride :raised_hands:t3: Question why the double cup stack though?

1 Like

He probably wants to check out root growth but not expose the roots to light constantly, so clear cup in not clear cup. I do the same with clones so I can see how the roots are coming along.

2 Likes

Yes they were free. the one I popped was ready to go, lol

1 Like

As hellraiser said. I put the soil in clear cups so I can check root growth but otherwise will keep them covered from light with the red solos. It’s my first go, I just want to track progress as much as possible so I don’t screw too many things up.
Edit: definitely tag along my friend! All are welcome @Growtats

2 Likes

4 seeds have poked up. GSC2, GSC3, CP2 and CP3 are all above terra firma. CP1 is lurking just below the surface and I expect periscope tomorrow.
The thing I find strange is that the 3 who had tails when I planted have not surfaced. The Gelato and GSC 1 looked the most promising… so unpopped so far are GSC 1, GSC 4, and the gelato.
I gave them all 1.5 ounces of PH 6.3 water from my dehumidifier. I also received my RO Buddie today.

1 Like

7 of 8 are up. the Gelato pushed through the surface today, hasn’t unfolded yet. The only seed not to germinate is GSC4.Been having a bit of trouble regulating temps. Hopefully I have it fixed. It got down to 67 this morning… ugh.

1 Like

Nice sensor. Best purchase I’ve made by far.

1 Like

agreed, I have 2 of them. One in my basement where the seedlings are and one out in my shed. The gateway works great as the shed is 50 feet from the house. I’m very impressed.

I don’t have the gateway, but maybe I should. I don’t mind waiting to check until I get home.

1 Like

comes in handy for my lazy ass. Going out to my shed at 11PM doesn’t appeal to me, lol

1 Like

watered 3 oz. @PH 6.5 temps are staying between 75-82 Humidity around 60% I’m wondering if I should put the dome on

These ladies are growing. @Covertgrower @Hellraiser I’m noticing some of them have some spots on the first set of leaves.Should I be adding something? They are in Happy Frog and have been given RO water only thus far. Also the Gelato is still struggling. I knocked the seed shell off of it today, only to find out she has one cotelydon. I think the other rotted inside the stuck on shell. What a bummer.

1 Like

I would raise that light a bit. Looks like a bit of light burn.

2 Likes

OK, I definitely have had it low. No stretchers that’s for sure. Its about 10 inches from the top of the solos. I’ll move it up a few inches. Thank you

2 Likes

Yep, light burn.

2 Likes