Bazoo round two

I’m gonna grab that purple kush auto @Nicky you were tellin me about and maybe some of this bloody skunk if @bazoo likes it.

2 Likes

The purple kush is so nice! But it’s not the biggest yeileder just keep that in mind. All genetics have different traits including yeild.

@bazoo thank you sir, right back at you.

I’m actually going to be growing some very nice photo genetics soon.
Just spent 300$ for a small amount of seeds but it’s what I wanted so I’m stoked.
I haven’t grown a photo to full finish in a very long time.

2 Likes

Haha,what did you go with? I got my eye on some expensive photos for next winter. I figure there will be at least one good enough to keep a mother. I only have one mother at this point. I have clones of all these plants, just waiting to see if any are worth keeping.
Have you done FastBudz purple lemonade? That’s gonna be my next Auto

1 Like

I haven’t done the purple lemonade yet no.

I got some Cali connect green crack fems
And some Ace seeds regulars, a back of Bangi haze and a pack of zamaldelica. These are crazy old world sativas that are potent and aggressive growers.
The Bangi haze is a F8! So pretty stable.
The zamaldelica is F3 sooo semi stable…
If my dad likes it I will pheno hunt the zamaldelica and run a mother possibly

3 Likes

Awesome! Definitely looking forward to watching that go down. I haven’t been around long enough to see you grow photos. Those genetics sound killer.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a photo journal :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@bazoo that purple lemonade sounds so fire too. Very low yielder but if the terps are there flavors smell and everything that would be a lovely grow.

1 Like

Yeah, this run of photos is going to fill the jars for a while. The Autos are more for fun/ crazy genetics and colors for me. A big yield is welcome but it’s not a priority for me.

1 Like

@ConcreteBudz grow that purple kush and then compare that to any color or terps… That thing is wicked. I couldn’t even cut all the sugar leafs off it wasn’t worth it for the bag appeal to me

5 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna wow looks great!

1 Like

Looks very tasty! Who’s seed did you grow?

1 Like

It’s buddah seeds. Totally recommended, again not a huge yeileder but if you take care of it it will get you a jar and a half or two jars (the big ones) of flower

3 Likes

Hey Nicky couple auto questions. These two are super bushy. I have been picking a leaf here and there but nothing heavy handed. They are about 3 weeks into flower. I really don’t want a bunch of larf. How aggressive can I get now with defoliation?

And… drying… I’m hanging them whole plant, fan leaves on. Usually 7-14 days. Very minimal air movement around them. The tops are getting crispy way before the rest of the plant is dry enough to jar. Tops too dry, middles ok, and bottom buds still wet.
Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hey @bazoo

It’s a good idea to trim them down for sure, being in soil you have to be more careful then coco.
So go ahead and lollipop, then wait 4-5 days before getting rid of sucker branches, wait another 4-5 days and then defoilate.

That’s the safest way to go about it.
Of course you could possibly do quite a bit more but you do risk the chance of stunting them to much.
With coco you can do it all in one sitting.

Drying is a struggle, I feel you to this day I don’t feel like there is a proper way to dry.

Personally I wet trim branch by branch, which I dry those and then I put the whole plant in a 5 gallon bucket to stabilize the RH. Once it’s stable I jar it/grove bag it (in the future as I’m moving away from jars)

Whole plant dry gives a longer dry which is better but I hate dry trimming and most don’t dry trim as it’s so much more work.

Mayne @Covertgrower, @Myfriendis410, @MattyBear or @dbrn32 can advise how they dry because I am stoked to start just freezing all my stuff to make into bubble hash which goes into live rosin.

4 Likes

@Nicky When freezing your trim for hash do you use ziplok or vacuum seal.?

3 Likes

Whatever is cheap, easily accessible, or you prefer.

When I first did this I had so much material I just used blue bags for recycling and twisted it.

I have since learned it’s to avoid freezer burn and drying out of the matterial.
Don’t freeze it for longer than a month.

3 Likes

got it man, thank you very much. My aytos are in Coco so I went ahead and hit them pretty hard tonight. I couldn’t look at it anymore, lol.
The drying thing is definitely a bit frustrating. I think I am going to jar them a bit sooner on this run. I don’t mind a little extra cure time to get them to the right place.

5 Likes

Officially done with week 8. The room is in full flop mode. The only plant with no flopping buds is a GSCE. The cherry pie is about done, really just putting off cutting her until I see a window of time to trim.

Althea is racing yellow death. I should have put her in a bigger bag.

GSCE in full blown October mode

Cherry Pie dressed in black

The pineapple chunks and Banana Pinch Mango are still pretty green.

Now the autos. They look much happier after a heavy haircut 2 days back

This plant is really cool to look at. Purple, almost black Calyxes and sugar leaves. Bloody Skunk Auto

9 Likes

Gawwwwddd dammm :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::drooling_face::drooling_face: that is heaven. Truly amazing man! Love it! That truly something to be proud of that whole tent is the most beautiful site ever! Hands down love the nuggets colors trichomes on EVERYTHING!

1 Like

Flop is a perfect description lol, I’ve dealt with it myself a bit for the first time. Gonna spend an hour I’m sure tonight trying to tie a plant up

1 Like