Battle with humid weather

It’s really humid here in the summer and we only have window A/C units. So, we grow in the basement since it’s naturally cooler down there. But we’re flowering on a rotation, so I can’t use the grow room for drying. We don’t want to run an A/C constantly for drying due to the cost. It’s about 75 degrees and 65% humidity in the basement, is that ok for drying? I was going to cut the base of the stem and hang upside down in big box. Should I consider cutting the thickest main stem away to remove more water? Should I harvest when the soil is extra dry? Should a fan be involved? I read that you don’t want a fan blowing directly on them, but what about blowing toward the box?

@jamolamo 75 degrees and 65% humidity should be ok a fan blowing toward the box should be ok. @Covertgrower @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410 will this work?

4 Likes

I believe that you could put some bags of charcoal in there and it should suck out some of the moisture…
75 degrees Fahrenheit and 50% humidity would be ideal and don’t point a fan at them directly… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yea 65% works but its kinda close… like Fuzzy said. Get u some charcoal. Or a cheap dehumidifier. Dont want all your hard work to go down the drain.

The less plant material, the faster the dry. So chop buds off stem, remove fan leaves… but the faster u dry, the worse. So its a fine fine line. And u wont know how fine til uve danced it a time or two

3 Likes