Batch #2 White Widow Autoflower look poor

Hi,

So I am on my second batch of WW Autoflower for my 4*4 grow tent in my house. It’s been 10 weeks and they seem to not be growing anymore for the last week. Also the leaves are looking poor and I’m not sure why. I’ve been watering them once a day with General Hydroponic Newts (1 tsp of each of the 3 newts). The temp is 85f with the vent fan on high, and the humidity is 43%. I thought they should get to be 5 feet but they aren’t anywhere near that. The light is about 18 inches from the top of the highest plant.

Any help is much appreciated

The light I am using is this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TXFR69M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

4 Likes

Any particular reason you are watering every day?

I have a meter to measure moisture in the soil and it’s on the low side by middle of each day so I give each like 1/3 of a gallon.

The dirt is Happy frog.

1 Like

It’s not one of those 3 in 1 moisture readers is it?

I believe so,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HP4FGYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is there a different one I should use for moisture and Ph?

1 Like

I wouldn’t use anything that has a 3 in 1 purpose. It can’t do any one of those 3 tasks accurately.

2 Likes

What do you recommend to test the pH and the moisture?

Covert has more experience I will step aside.

Moisture you just use your hands. If it’s still moist when your stick your finger in to the second knuckle. You’re fine.
I would use something like this for PH.
Digital PH Meter, PH Meter 0.01 PH High Accuracy Water Quality Tester with 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium Water PH Tester Design with ATC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08594G9GM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nagOEbDFHKB0R

Don’t sell yourself short @SKORPION we all started somewhere.

1 Like

Hey I know I bought 3 of those meters.

1 Like

How do you measure the pH with that meter? Just measure the water? And assume the dirt pH is alright from the start since its Happy Frog dirt?

Yes it tests water and nutrients solution. Your soil acts as a buffer when you add your adjusted nutrient solution. Your nutrient/water solution goes through the soil, picks up the pH of the soil, and you check the run off.
When doing this, and you start out at 6.5 and comes out of the bottom of the soil is 6.0. That means your soil is between 6.5 and 6.0.
Slurry test
To check your actual soil pH take some soil from desired area (root zone is best) mix with water just enough to to make a pudding consistency.
Then insert your ph meter after 15 mins, and wait for it to adjust.

This is how you should be checking your ph.

@SKORPION too

1 Like

Do the plants look bad for the 10 week mark? One is short but fuller.

I wonder what the issue might be, think it is too much watering? The light and fan seems to dry the dirt tho :frowning:

For the most part everything looks okay. I would back off the nutrients a little. Both plants have nutrient burn throughout. The one that just started flowering has just the tips. That one is a little happier.

Also consider all the plants you see outside. They bright and thriving although it doesn’t rain everyday. I grew outside for years out in the woods and I would only interfere with watering if there was a prolonged drought. I mean hiking thru the woods with buckets of water not very suspicious.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help ! After this batch I want to try feminized seeds

I prefer regular seeds. But feminized work too. @nts

think these look done? Been water only for 2 weeks, most are milky with some brown. I was gonna harvest any day.

1 Like