Basic nutrient question from newbie

okay experts. another basic question from a first time grower. this site is amazing EXCEPT there is so much information i spend about half my time confused. seems there are folks on every side of every issue which is okay, i understand the concept of learn as you go. i’m just trying to steer my way towards a good grow.

I’m growing two jack herer plants. 30 days old, look pretty good, i think i have the set up right. now the question is nutrients. i dusted roots with white shark during transplant at 23 days and it went well i think. was intending to just use this during watering once a week with other waterings being distilled water only.

But do i also need to use the Fox Farm three step liquid nutrition or will the white shark take care of me? should i use both?

thanks in advance to the pros and experts here. best regards.

3 Likes

If your growing in FF soil you don’t have to fertilize for 5 to 6 weeks. Then just follow the chart for feeding your FF nutes. happy growing :bat: :rofl:

2 Likes

thanks @thecount13. so you’re advocating using the FF nutrients OVER the white shark, or in addition to it? This is where i’m confused. also guess i better order the 3 bottle pack of FF nutrients one way or the other.

Great White and FF nutrients are 2 different things altogether. Great White is a mycorrhizae product intended to enhance root mass. It is not a nutrient.

You will also need a cal/mag product.

The best way to manage nutrients is to get yourself a PPM meter and maintain nutes at ~1,000 PPM.

2 Likes

Well no. There other nutes out there like FF and Jacks and others . I have used FF and Jacks. See what others may say. happy growing :rofl: :bat:

I have used both and prefer Jack’s. It a complete product that is easier to use. It also avoids problems with salt buildup, which is a problem with the FF nutes.

3 Likes

@jdouglas36542 each grower has their own environment and equipment that they have tuned to their way of doing things. This is something you must find “grasshopper”. I am going to suggest since you are a self proclaimed newbie to keep things simple to start with and as you learn you can add the advanced techniques. Trying to start at expert level is only going to cause you undue stress because there is so much that can make a difference but only if done a very specific way and if not done that way can cause you to loose your crop. Crawl—walk–then run past the rest of us!

4 Likes

Agree 1100% happy growing :bat: :rofl:

okay. thanks to all. this is what i get for not smoking for 40 years. used to be we just bought a bag and when it ran out we bought another one, lol. then you met in a parking lot late at night with cash, now it’s a science. i’m going to take all the advice i can get. appreciate the responses from everyone and appreciate the guidance. best regards.

3 Likes

@jdouglas36542 the fun in this is watching your plants grow and knowing you did that! Keep a log so you can look back and see what was happening and what you did…this is going to help you be a better grower because lets face it MJ does not gives us the best memory at times.

This is what is so great about this site. Most growers here are where you are now, no big deal. Growers here are more than willing to help you out. Just read the what other growers questions are and you will learn. Read happy growing :rofl: :bat:

1 Like

Hey @Retiredoldguy,

So nice to see you again. Currdogg has convinced me too this site is cool. I am just getting used to all the traffic. It’s like moving to the big city. That whole thing on the old site left a bad taste in my mouth too…:frowning:

1 Like

@noddykitty1 hey old friend…good to hear from you as well…yes it is an overwhelming site as far as the many threads going at any one time…kind of like looking at the lazy river at a water park and wondering where do I jump in at… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

My thoughts were pulling out into traffic at rush hour. But I love the lazy river comparison. My fat daddy belly would definitely do a cannon ball into the lazy river. But that would definitely be a 100mg edible day. Ha

1 Like

I agree with you on that just buying it now that you can grow your own and not go to jail plus need some kind of Hobby can’t think of a better one but this!

1 Like