Basic noob questions

Is it ok to go from 1.7 gallon to 5 gallon grow bags?

Yes. But you have to be uber careful not to overwater. When feeding only pour NEAR where u think roots are n will grow to. Dont saturate whole pot til she is bigger

Awesome thank you

Got the big girl lights in hlg 600hs and setup. Do I turn them 1/2 or 3/4 of the up or full blast? I have it set at half now to see how they adjust from the blurples. @DoobieNoobie @PurpNGold74

Nice. I’d run them about 3/4 power and at a higher distance then start lowering them down to about 20 inches. Then when you get to flower you can crank the power up.

:point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5::point_up_2:t5:Exactly what he said. Like to the T. Dont overthink. Give them a shortage… then Ease into too intense. N back off the distance a bit. Then in flower hit 100%. My stems are WAYYYYYY too thick to train

N they are hungry AF

Start about 30 or 36 inches

Got them moved to their big girl bags. Went from HF to OF starting to notice a few lower leaves looking weird been setting PH to 6.4, i’ll check my water coming out when I water in the morning any ideas? The stems for those solars are a purplish color if that helps. Phosphorus issues? @raustin @blackthumbbetty

I think that is cal deficiency… im not the best diagnostical pothead tho. Wait for the ladies. U sure your pH is on range? N have u been supplementing calmag? Also what kind of water do you use?

Yes, it does look like calcium deficiency. I don’t see any stems, so I can’t say it’s phosphorous. Do you have any Cal Mag to add?

I’ve been adding magiccal when feeding, I’ll take some stem photos when I get home this afternoon and see what you think. Thanks you guys

Yay im learning :nerd_face:

Ok here’s pics of the stem. The bottoms of the stems a green just the tops are purple. Been giving 2.5ml of magical with feeding.

And one of a different plant showing different problems but I’m feeding and treating the exact same. Thoughts? @raustin @blackthumbbetty

The other photos did not load. Try again a bit slower.

I also want to know. Have purple stems everywhere

Did they upload that time?

Yup much better. I see that strange light discoloration. Is that new or progressing?

It’s new, could it be shock from transplant or new lights? It’s the only one like it out of the 15 that I’ve done.

I think u have the beginning signs of cal deficiency. (THINK) but since uve been calmag’n its possibly pH related… have u calibrated n testd in solution lately? Also what is the light distance?

@raustin am i correct on the light colord boxes? Here

We addressd it earlier. Not sure if its been enough time or not.

@Chazell have you tested your runoff yet? Maybe your soil is outta range n they arent absorbing. I dont think its light burn, that would be higher on the plant. But it maybe light related. This intense light requires the plants to eat more (especially nitrogen and calcium) due to the higher photosynthesis. Kinda a blessing and a curse

Looks like a magnesium deficiency starting. How’s your Ph?

I checked last night it’s a 6.8 out of this new soil. I put in 6.6. I’ve ordered more calibration solution it’ll be in tomorrow and i’ll recalibrate it just to double check it.