Basic noob questions

Look into lst and topping/fimming. They will help you create BUSHES.
LST is bending the plant as it grows. Into whatever shape is conducive to your goals. @GreenJewels actually trains her top horizontally and is pretty adept at the technique. Peak at her journal
Topping/fimming is cutting off the top at opportunistic moments forcing the plants to grow horizontally instead of vertically. I actually have a photo of a terribly topped plant that accomplished my goal of keeping short.

Now another option or two is scrog’n or sog’n.
SCROG’n is using a screen to keep all ur tops even. Usually combined with lst and topping. There are loads of journals on the topic. @HappyHydroGrower @Redeyedranger @Myfriendis410 all have excellent journals there. Maybe long reads so hopefully they’ll peak in.

SOG is using alot of smaller pots. Usually a mother plant/ and steady supply of clones in smallish pots forced directly into flower. This represents what ive come to believe is the best way to mass produce ganja. @Bogleg is doing a flood table type of thing. Sadly im least experienced in this type but if u look around i promise u wont be disappointed.

Those lights sound good (to me @dbrn32 could help u better here, may wanna include how many of which power and brands Dude is a beast) . Coco is fairly simple (ive heard) just make sure u do ur research. MyFriend is much better help there as well

4 Likes

I grow autoflower due to my current height restrictions. That will change one day. I have gotten good results with LST and it’s fun. My quantity and quality have increased from these great people helping and teaching.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks mate I was actually reading about both sog , lst and scrog last night . R u certain I should fit 12.plants give or.take a few . I’m being told her no ppl that r friends of my friends that I could only get 3 plants . I’ve got 8 clones ready for me and called " waktus" 80 percent indica I’m not sure if that is a good strain or not

2 Likes

@hangthebanksters how many u fit in how much space again?

@hendrie69 yea itll be a tight fit and a tough task for someone who doesnt have much experience growing (indoor is similar to outdoor but different, alot more control but things need more attention). But it can be done. Also if your gonna veg 2-3 months and grow trees… i think the 5ft height restriction would be worse then the total length/width size.

Ideally with a sog in 1 gall pots u could grow a hundred or so possibly :joy::joy::joy:

With a few 3x3 screens only maybe 4. 2x2 screensmore like 8-10 but again tight. The 2x2 screens would definitely be easier.

1 Like

you can fit 16 5gal pots in a 4x4 tent if you can hang your fans and other stuff up off the floor. This does not leave much room for horizontal plant growth and I would only suggest this if you are going to move them out into larger flower spaces.

1 Like

I highly recommend a scrog for a photoperiod plant. It will maximize yields & minimize height. You can make individual scrogs to make your life easier, too.

I even recommend it for an auto.

1 Like

Two pretty damn good growers👆🏾

1 Like

When can I find out info on sog growing I have no clue what amount of what and nutrients to be giving them and when I’ll get some 1 gallon pots today

And how many hps lights would I need I have got 4x600w and 1x 400 w but have only got 3 600’s in room atm

I’ll be doing an auto sog in the spring.

1 Like

I believe @Bogleg is doing a SOG with flood tables. Look for his journal. Maybe alot to intake but he’s a kickass grower n teacher.

@blackthumbbetty would be excellent to watch realtime as well.

But its basically restricting pot size n veg time so alot of fast small plants. Either from seed or clones (believe clones lead to the faster turnover)

Im not much assistance with the lighting. Again i refer u to @dbrn32 n @fano_man uses hps if im not mistaken

1 Like

Awesome thanks mate , how do I set up watering system like do I mix the nutrients into my water then water plants or separately and do I need to have air pump into water barrel or just heater

Are u planning on using soil? If so what type of water? RO is generally the best but it (and distilld water) definitely require calmag supplements. And yes u mix water/nutes. Then pH it properly before you pour. I believe you mentiond teas… they are better aerated before use. So definitely add water, nutes, aerate, then pH (i believe thats right) but yea pH right before applying anything

Soil is easiest yeah? I’ve got soil and I’ve got coir perlite mix . I’ve got tap water but can ro it if it’s better or should I just TDS meter the water and see the ppm of water

I use tap. It works just fine. But u may wanna look into a dechlorinator. Simple drops like for a fish tank work. Helps immensely. N i feel like soil is easier. Have to watch for bugs tho

Awesome cheers for all ur help mate

No problem my guy. Anytime just holla

Your killing it with the light in my book 3 600s 1 400 that’s 2200 over 54 ft so your at 40 watts a sq ft little lower then I had my last run I had 725 watts on 10.5 sq ft about 60ish per foot …I’m assuming you will have some walk ways to get to the back of your room so if you have your lights a on little isles for plants you can raise your square footage wattage I had about 11,000 lumens per foot but had 3 smaller fixtures so your par and your penetration will be greater then mine was with the higher power fixtures so when it breaks down I think you have plenty to grow some heavy plants just do your self a favor and dont over crowd your room if your not on your 3rd or 4th grow on that size scale and are familiar with botrytis (bud rot) and its preventions and its symptoms I suggest you leave space between plants I crammed 12 plants into 10.5 ft and lost damn near half my crop and had to harvest early to get anything… live and learn I got round 2 underway already but I am weary @basementstealth got bud rot with 1 plant and he is very meticulous with prevention and observation. So it can happen in the cleanest environments the less plants you have the harder it is to jump plant t to plant but once it’s there it’s there so a lush jungle with 4 lbs sounds excellent but a 6 months of time to wind up with a bunch of straggly smell less tasteless (yet surprisingly potent )

not super pretty weed that you hope for and it’s hard to get rid of I’m tired of the taste already … you know it was definatley a learning experience and I know better next time but I got to say it still SUCKS just be care full with the large plant count with out alot of experience good luck bro

2 Likes

I’m sorry I saw 4 600s yea your good with just the 4 600s dont need the 400 use that for veg closet puts u at about 45watt hps per foot u said 9x 6 right

@hendrie69 I’m just seeing your only at5ft 7 inch height you might be forced to do scrog 4 600s are gonna be super hot unless you have sealed reflectors exchanging air inside the light space you are gonna have height or heat or both issues …the ceiling is 5’7 so lights will occupy about 15 to 18 inches of that if you can mount to the ceiling no need to lower really with that much light… plus 5 gallon bucket height so subtract another 18 inches from soil to reflector your going to have about 3 to 3.5 ft to play with ONLY if you get sealed reflectors and exchange the air with cool tube or similar reflectors… if you cant get those you will be alot less the the 3.5 ft max you will have to scrog no doubt