Basic noob questions

Hey guys thanks for helping. I have a question about harvest per plant of dry flower. I’m running 1200W LED keeping temp 70-72 Indoor Grow room and first grow is a mix of Gold Leaf, Blue Dream, Cali Dream and Skywalker . How much per plant can I expect? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

What 1200 w led, what grow style, what nutes?
Even then it’s a rough estimate.

Growing in soil, still looking into nutes, any advice on that is welcomed also.

Ok. U have to have the nutes. Have used the nutes. And be at least 5-6 weeks into flower. Then it’s still an eyeball guess. How far along are u? What size tent do u have? And do u have any photos?

Being 100% honest. No idea if anyone will be accurate within 100 grams if u dont meet above criteria lol

1 Like

You have a lack of quality lighting. Your light draws 233watts. Rule of thumb for that style lighting is 50watts per sq. Foot. So you’re just shy of enough lighting to grow in 5sq ft. That’s a 2’x2.5’ space. Or about enough for one med sized plant.

Trust me, you’re not alone in underestimating the importance of lighting. There are many members here to help guide you if you seek assistance or have questions. :+1: Welcome to the forum.

Now, to answer your question. With that light, in a tent, with those 4 plants, and basic nutes. I’d guess 1-2oz/plant of very larfy buds… if you include popcorn.

3 Likes

I haven’t even put the seeds in water yet. It’s going to be my first grow. I’m planning on fox farm products. I’m finishing up my grow room now. No tent just room veg room is 100sqft and flower room will be 200sqft.

1 Like

I have 9 of those lights not just one.

3 Likes

Ha, well that’s a different story. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

How many plants are we talking about? 200sq ft is pretty huge… even for 9 lights. As I stated before, each of those lights is good for a med sized plant.
It’s a huge undertaking for a first grow.

I’m only starting with probably 10 total plants. I’ll be ordering more lights before they start flowering

Scrog, sog, or “au natural” ?
I’ll up my estimate to 2-4oz of decent bud/plant if you use minimal amount of space and panda film/Mylar to reflect.

Planning on scrog right now and I have a friend with some experience helping me. Would scrog or sog produce more? I’m starting a med busniess. Thank you for all the help so far. I’ll get in touch with him. I know they’ll be bumps and bruises and I’m thrilled to get starting. I’ve been doing so much reading lately I get confused time to time.

1 Like

I’m a fan of scrog style grows, but a lot of that has to do with maximizing yield from each plant. SOG might actually yield more, but I try to keep it legal for my state.
If this is your first grow I’d take it easy and learn from mistakes.
If you want to do this on an ongoing basis I’d look into alternative lighting options. Amazon blurples are not the way to go. Horticultural lighting group, timber grow lights and rapid led have much better solutions. If you have serious lighting questions or even grow room configurations dbrn32 is the guy to ask. Just put an “@” and then “dbrn32” to get his attention.

1 Like

Fox farm soils and fox farm nutes are the gateway (imho) to growing cannabis. If you follow their nute and flush,(flush is very important) schedules, you’re easily rewarded.
Most growers veer off eventually since fox farm is the gmo/Twinkie approach. But it’s an accessible way to begin and there’s lots of first hand experienced knowledge available.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger definitely has you covered. If you are serious about PROFIT’n from reefer. Or at least putting out righteous product for your patients. @ the DB man. He will point you towards MUCH better lighting. Browse the forum a bit. There are tons of personal grows. For ‘home’ level people but there are also people pulling down weight with simple equipment. Learn a few tricks and techniques… lst, topping, fimming, scroggin (as listed above) and grow a few before u approach commercial levels.

Also let me @ him anyway. @dbrn32 watch this one. N pop in whenever. Depending on the route u chose to take lighting wise there are a few diff people to poke as well. But we’ll get there. Welcome to the forum again if i didnt say so.

1 Like

Appreciate the plugs @Drinkslinger @PurpNGold74.

It looks like we’re already balls deep in light mentioned above?

2 Likes

You should really look in to getting quality lighting, and not buying more blurples.

2 Likes

I think with nine of those lights evenly spaced you could easily squeeze in a 10th plant, but why? That seems the perfect setup to have one light dedicated to each plant. It will make it easy to customize for individual plant height as they grow, especially since you have a mix-pack of strains you are growing. They will all behave differently.

Also, for better yield you could do a couple of plants (maybe one of each strain?) with 2 lights/plant and see the difference.

@dbrn32 would have better info on that. I’m not sure if 2 lights on a plant will effectively double the yield over one light, but it will produce bigger, fatter buds.

3 Likes

The hard part is done! For good or bad your light decisions are made. Move on :wink: You have a great option now to try out anything you want grow-wise, and have separate lighting for each venture. If you want to learn? Dig in! Try EVERYTHING!

I’m all about help here, I was concerned about heat from multiple HPS lights. I was looking at gavita lights also. I’m going to move to a bigger shop after I have a few grows under me and have a better idea of what I’m doing. I can do 9 at a time no problem. Should a add a couple of hps or CFL lights in the mix? @dbrn32?