Bananas in my bud; a hermie? (White Widow Auto)

So did you pull the nanners and let her mature?

Once you see the nanners the damage is done. I do pull them off though because I don’t want to smoke plant penis.

And yeah, I let her mature.

2 Likes

LOL! When I touched her peeper this morning, it smelled really good and strong of citrus. Actually, maybe peeper parts are amazing to smoke with those terps? :relaxed:

1 Like

Hermey and Hermie. With Hermey’s banana swagger hairstyle, it makes me wonder if a certain type of garden inspired the Rudolph filmmakers.

1 Like

Don’t cull that plant!

1 Like

Feel free to share more info.

I just brought the plant back inside and under the grow light. Poor thing, subjected to 20+mph dry wind gusts and even more/different lighting = even more stress. LOL, gotta laugh. She will be my miracle plant if she matures and provides good smoke. Hopefully my grow area won’t be full of pollen, though.

1 Like

You have one nanner on a plant that is just about into the home stretch. So what if it has a couple of seeds. Even if it has a handful of nanners and a few dozen seeds, don’t dump all of that time and effort.

Maybe if you had a dozen well developed plants and caught this one early i would agree for sake of other plants. But probably not even then. The don’t release the amount of pollen that a male plant will, it’s not that big of deal. You would likely be fine for next grow even if you didn’t wash your tent. But you should sterilize between grows anyways, and then also if you see pollen. When grow is done spray tent walls down with peroxide, wipe, and call it a day. Then go smoke some of this weed because it will be plenty good.

3 Likes

I grow autos in a spare bathfoom that dont have abdoor on it. It is never light proof at all and ive never had any autos go herm on me so i dont believe light leaks cause hermies on autos as i grew like 15bof them in a spare bath that is never light proof at all. Have the red lights from 6 way in there and all and never experienced this at all.

1 Like

Mark0427, yeah, as little as I know so far as a newbie, I’m not aware of light leaks causing autos to hermie, and I highly doubt that is the cause with my plant. I did a change of light and some minor pruning around the same time, earlier in flower. I won’t do that again, lessons learned; this is my second grow. So, I believe one or both of those caused her to hermie.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. Completely agreed, it was pollen that I was concerned about, not seeds. I’m very glad that pollen is very unlikely to be a problem, and of course I will clean the area, anyway.

I’m actually looking forward to having crap seeds, since I’m thinking of using them for the purpose of practicing LST. I haven’t been able to bring myself to do LST on my two grows, despite reading a lot of articles and watching many videos; so, as long as I can get them through veg enough in cheap soil for that, they could be good practice and education. Of course, I’ll keep them out of grow area, and maybe outside, and I’ll be careful to keep males/pollen-sack hermies far away or destroyed.

I’m assuming that fresh seeds would be ready by this summer to grow? I don’t know if seeds need some time before being viable.

Bro i purne lollipop trim bend pull push and all and still have good outcomes with autos. U have to watch them u will see differences happen everyday. When u dont see a difference happe. Thats the time to defol them and whatever. Not a ton at once i do but if i lose an auto i have a bunch of photos to take place of the auto. But i do hard defols on them and they seem to bounce right back even harder than before the defols most of the time. Here is 2 w.w. autos look totally diff from each other sane age same feeds everything same to the T and look at the differences. One is stacking one is leggy but twice the frost lol. Every auto ove grow always looks diff from the next even when grown same times and everything the same i setill get diff outcomes from sane strains. Weird and i just recently started doong all the lat and defols to the autos i was always scared to do it at first also. @Nicky got me on the bandwagon of doing what i will with them and see what happens. Ull get the hang of it and get them rocking out good.

2 Likes

That’s the best-looking bathroom I’ve ever seen. :yum: Thanks for the info and pic.

My current plant is bigger than the first, but hey it’s in a bigger pot. The biggest difference between my first plant and my second/current plant is the scent profile - completely different and both wonderful, and they both came out of the same ILGM baggie/order. The first one was skunky, earthy, piney, coffee-ish; the current one is citrusy, “buttery”, and of mild herbs. I’m only guessing that the first one’s scent took after her Indica heritage, and the second one after her Sativa heritage.

My next grow will be Afghan autos in the fall, so I wonder if there might be less differences from seed to seed with those since they don’t have mixed genetics, except of course for the Ruderalis. I’ll find out, more adventures. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If u want more consistant phenos and terps ect. Photos are it. Autos go all over the place its like a blind chef cooking im seeing u never know what ir gonna get. I dont believe ive had any autos be exactly the same of anything

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t know that autos are so prone to be “a box of chocolate”. At this point, I don’t mind the variety; in fact, it’s been interesting. The more I read, the more I appreciate what photos can do. If/when I would tent, then for sure photos would make sense, at least to give them a try. For now, I’m trying to keep things simple as I learn and see where growing takes me. I’ve heavily considered growing outside, and I “might” give that a try this summer.

1 Like

Photos are a whole diff ball game from auto. They r similar but photos are way easier more forgiving get more yield better thc percentages better tastes and smells. All in all photos are number 1 over autos but i still enjoy doing both as autos give me harvests between photos and what nots

1 Like