Balancing Ph & Nutrients

2 weeks ago I addressed the Ph 6.0 with Dolomite Lime, Ph came up to 6.8 after 2nd dose.
All the while the leaves on 4 out 9 plants had some browning as per pic.
Yesterday I was advised by your experts to add CalMag, in Australia we don’t have this combo so the guy in the garden section suggested the fertiliser with the contents in the pic.
BTW just started flowering the girls 4 days now

Today my Ph seems to have gone back to 6, is this related to the added nute?

If your a few days into flower , that’s a lot of Nitrogen for a flowering plant.
Can you not buy cal mag from amazon down there?

2 Likes

I probably can get a hold of some at more dedicated store. Ill look into it. Would the product I added effect the Ph?

possibly . @Medicalgrower

Most nutrients have some form of magnesium. What you had been giving your plant more than likely had magnesium in some form.

I will definitely get some calmag, I had been giving them seaweed extract, We live near the beach, I should go get some seaweed there

1 Like

or Epsom salts
they make a garden variety with less salt

One last question, this product boasts both ability to raise Ph & provide the mag

2 Likes

I couldn’t comment on that. Never used it .

1 Like

You can get pH up and down at an Aquarium store. Not as good as garden variety but it will work in a pinch.

1 Like

Plus I noticed there is no calcium in that mix you have posted
If they are flowering I agree with @Sasquatch
Thats a lot of nitro for a flowering plant even for a vegging plant the nitro is quite high at least higher than anything I use.
Oystershell is a great source of calcium and epsom salt is a good source of magnesium but also has sulfur in it too.

2 Likes

For pH use vinegar to lower and baking soda to raise it

3 Likes

All makes good sense

@Medicalgrower there is a plant chart identifying leaf symptoms,will tag @bob as i know he has it,you will have to fill out a support ticket an give all the details of the grow,am in oz to but don’t know what you mean by experts said to add cal mag,is this an old thread,srry,are you in soil? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im central east coast, yes growing in potting mix from bunnings, quite
organic the mix, bark & stuff.
Ill fill out a ticket

What I believe happened is that when you added nutrients to water it dropped the ph of what would then be your nutrient solution. Most of them do, happens all the time. Regardless of what’s going on, or what you do from here, those leaves most likely will remain that way until they fall off or are removed.

The dolomite lime should provide calcium, that’s normal too. What I’m curious about, is if you have continued to add the dolomite lime? I’ve never experienced it in person, but my understanding is that something like too much calcium can show similar to not enough. Perhaps @Donaldj or @garrigan62 can verify or shed more light on that?

If you simply need magnesium, that can indeed be supplemented by Epsom salts as pointed out. But let’s see if the other guys feel that’s what you need first.

1 Like

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of pots ?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? Brand of soil? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night
Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you.

1 Like

@dbrn32, yes , its not rocket science, but close, like having a patient that cant talk that comes from another planet.
I know it wont help the earlier leaves, but everything we do needs to settle down for 3 days or so.
I’ll post a picture of the room which may answer some questions, then post some relevant info next

1 Like

@Medicalgrower don’t go to bunnings for mediums,local grow shop will steer you in the right way :slight_smile: if no grow shop still don’t go to bunnings for mediums,lol anything else they top notch :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 bank of fluros, then HID, then my home built LEDs surrounded by standard fluros.
Keep in mind they get 6hrs of sun light each day unless its raining
Like today:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes