I’m new here (both on the forum and growing related). This is my first grow.
One week ago I found a seed, and just for fun I tried to germinate it. I did not expect it to follow through, since I tried germinating 2 baggie seeds 2 years ago and it just didn’t do anything. Hence, I was not prepared for growing it, especially since it’s winter, not the best timing, i know…
I improvised big time and here’s how:
- I took the cap from a hairspray can, with a hot needle I poked holes in the bottom of the cap for drainage, and also 2 additional holes to improvise a suspension system for the cap to hang from the lightbulb that lights my bedroom.
- Lights. I don’t own a lap of any sort, my only option was the room light. From the beginning until today I had a warm led lightbulb I kept the plant hanging off the lightbulb with some strings at a distance of 5 cm, but I switched it for another led that I had in the house, cool white 6500K, 75W, and my plant is now hanging at the distance of 10 cm. Following a 18-6 lights on-off.
- For “soil”, I went ahead and took some dirt from my garden which I mixed with some sand (the only type of sand I had available was sand that’s used in construction for cement and what not); I mixed the dirt with sand in order to offer what little aeration possible.
- Water and nutrients: until now I have used simple tap water & tap water with the HESI TNT Complex. I mixed 2,5 ml in 1,5 L bottle of tap water. I have been watering 1 day with simple tap water and 1 day with hesi tnt complex tap water. I have been careful when watering, always checking on how moist the “soil” is and did my best not to give it too much water or too little. I never had any water drain out the cap. A friend of mine gave me the hesi tnt, and also recommended I water the plant with rain water. Since I hadn’t gathered rain water ever, I had none. But today it snowed and I am planning on melting the snow for plant use. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you
My seedling is going to be one week old tomorrow.
Here are some photos I have gathered throughout her evolution.
To me, it seems healthy and happy.
I have had some scares, but (I think and hope) everything is alright.
I know my conditions for this grow are really… not optimal, however I would like to hear some opinions & tips.
Thank you in advance!
- Strain: unknown baggie seed.
- Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor.
- In ground or in a container? Solo cup right now.
- Medium: dirt from my garden mixed with some normal sand.
- pH? unknown
- Nutrients: Hesi TNT Complex
- Temperature? ranging from 20 to 27 degrees Celsius
- Humidity %? unkown
- Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? Led matte bulb, 75 W, 1055 Lumens, cool white 6500K, 80> Ra.
- Ventilation system? None yet. Going to add some normal desk fan. Open to suggestions.