Bag seed monster crop and Pineapple Chunk

It takes 2-3 days to leach the cal from egg shells, but I usually add in a heaping tsp of oyster flower to my 1/4 C powdered egg shells so more like 3-4 days.

4 Likes

too right it would take some time. i think you would need to add to a compost/ soil mix and let it brew, after they have been crushed well. Bit of a vege/house plant enthusiast since a kid. @dbrn32 I did some homework lastnight and i saw Dolomite lime being mentioned somewhere for CAL additive. Would you consider that one fellas?

1 Like

I just saw your post after my comment below. I bloody enjoy this site. heaps of people with different knowledge. Good on ya @Budbrother. How often are you applying the egg shells bro? I have a well established girl that could need some image ![image|666x500] (upload://zfQvvtCJ2FUcYwVIiVA8KRsJOwe.jpeg) image

1 Like

didnt you like your comment?

1 Like

I deleted it after reading some about garden limes. You could add it as a calcium supplement, for sure, but it will also cause the soil pH to rise, which might introduce a whole other set of problems, indoors.

2 Likes

Roger. Its the dwc unit in question, so having the more direct affect should make it easier to look after huh? As i have added lime a few times to sweeten the res a little

2 Likes

@elheffe702 @Budbrother @dbrn32. Cheers for your time and opinions gents. appreciate it.:sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I leach my calcium bi-weekly. As far as dolomite lime, I use it as well. I top dress the pots as needed. For use in a dwc, I would add into gallon jug, shake it a bit, and then let it sit over night. From there, you siphon off the solution, leaving the crud in the bottom to be dumped onto a soil plant.

3 Likes

let the eggshells sit i take it? would have to be. lmao. the lime is soluble. hahaha cheers man

1 Like

Egg shells - powder them, just cover slightly over with vinegar. Let sit until all bubbles stop and it no longer smells or tastes like vinegar. Strain the solution out and add to your gallon of water with about a 30% ppm ratio of Epsom salts to the starting calcium ppm - the starting water ppm numbers that don’t really count

2 Likes

shit yeah. thats the go. Did you check the pics out? whats your thoughts there?

1 Like

Yes, was talking about the lime. I wouldn’t shake up the eggs and vinegar though. The lime doesn’t just disappear when you add to water. It leaves a bunch of powder at the bottom. You don’t want that part.

Looks good

3 Likes

good on ya mate. thanku

1 Like

My issue here is that from looks of your plant you could probably use the nitrogen too. The dolomite lime will do exactly as others said, so probably not best choice for you.

2 Likes

sweet. Ive added 9ml of GH GRO solution to my Lucas Formula that doesnt require it. will stick with the one change at a time. should see a result in a few days if its nitrogen hopefully. I think its nitrogen, but need the experience of you guys to make good decision

I don’t know that’s the answer, but I guess we’ll see.

3 Likes

hopefully it works

1 Like

Dolomite lime raises ph and hydrated lime lowers ph in soil. Would this application carry over to hydro applications as well? Either way you must be careful with lime and use sparingly, but my experience is with soil.

3 Likes

im pretty sure i have dehydrated lime , but i know it sweetens the hydro juice

Not sure what that is

2 Likes