Bag seed grow journal - platinum garlic

January 16 they were all up. They took between 11-12 weeks to finish. Longest autos I’ve done. All my others were basically done in 10 weeks.

1 Like

I am shooting for a 100-120 day sprout to harvest timeline for my autoflower grow projects. If they finish sooner, that would be fine. It’s only after I started that I’ve heard about some auto strains either going a lot longer than planned, or sometimes they won’t flip themselves.

I have never seen that tube method of growing that fan0 coached you through. Do I understand that you never watered/fed them from the bottom? (I didn’t read EVERY post on this thread, but I tried to really pay attention to the auto-tube project.)

You know, I lie…I had a gorilla glue auto that was a total runt. Ended up transplanting it into a smaller container and it started to grow. Delayed the process I guess but it flowered foreeeeevvver. I wanna say I planted them in May and harvested that one in late October.

Never watered them from the bottom on the tubes. Rarely had to water them honestly as the smaller surface area meant the soil was almost always moist. I watered about every 5 days just so they got the nutes (always did full strength). A heavy watering would have water go all the way down but no roots got bound up and I probably could have done shorter tubes even. Did you see the picture when I cut one tube open at the end?

1 Like

@OlyBoy98503 you ever use colloidal silver on a plant? I’m going to do it on a sour stomper auto and put it in a tent with a double grape auto to get seeds. Doing it in these tubes is getting some good yields (especially given that they’re all in a 3’x3’ with one light above). But I’m basically running a sea of green with them. Seems like average wet weight of each one is about 105g. But I have 24 in grid on a 14 week turnaround. Hoping to cut down on the cost of seeds using the colloidal silver.

1 Like

Yes I have.

I was not successful, but I did t know what I was doing. Skip to the end to read what I think I did wrong.

Yeah I might be throwing two perfectly good autos down the drain if this doesn’t work with the colloidal silver. I bought a little tiny tent and a cheap led light (actually, it’s inexpensive but I have two in my baby/vegging tent and they seem to love them). That arknoah brand and the 240w version. I do plan to spray the plant in sections with a water bottle on mist versus painting it. But I don’t know. Only time will tell. Looks like I’ll know in 12 weeks or so. It’s funny how time flies when you grow weed. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I did see it. That looked pretty cool! And that was the post where you mentioned that you top fed. I was under the impression that the perlite and the bottom end with the screen were also there to bottom feed/water and let the soil wick the nutes up and draw the roots down.

I can see where that might be a bit labor intensive (especially with a dozen or so plants), but I understand now that the screen and perlite was for drainage.

@Hellraiser sorry to drag you in randomly but I’m at a loss for what’s up with this gelato photo. It gets the same nutes (AN Connie) and I haven’t had any issues at all since starting the AN line. They’re in the last two weeks so they’ve been getting overdrive and bud candy as well. Long story short, I flipped them to flower when they were about 5 weeks so I could take flowering clones to reveg for a monster crop and then just decided to let these finish up. Happy frog soil and feeding at every watering (about every 2-3 days).

Warning…she ain’t pretty :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like she’s more sensitive to nutes than your other plants and it was just a bit too much for her. I’d flush her some at next watering and give a little weaker nute mix.

2 Likes

MONSTER CROPPING: This is my first time doing this. I took the clones from flowering mothers and put them in a tent to reveg. They’ll be going outside first week of June.
I’m doing them in batches because of the cloner situation. And I accidentally snapped one in half transplanting and tried to tape it back together that isn’t going to make it. They are really growing fast as they revert back to vegging. I’ve got a few more in the cloner that I’ll add to the tent when I move these to my patio in the next week or so. I bought thirty 20 gallon oxy pots so I’d like to have 30 plants outside if I can. It’s been a long process to veg and then flower and then clone and reveg these girls so I’m really hoping for some impressive outdoor plants by the end of the season.

Roots coming out of the cloner…happy little clones.

May 11
IMG_0034
May 18
IMG_0133

2 Likes

Outdoor I’m going to be using Jack’s outdoor nutrient schedule (Jack’s 18-8-23, Bloom and Finish)

1 Like

They are looking good!

1 Like

MAKING SEEDS: I brought my work home with me (Shhhhhh!). I’ve got a Mephisto Sour Stomper Auto and a Mephisto Double Grape in this little tent I bought. I didn’t want to have this tent in my other space due to the potential pollen contamination. I decided instead of doing this twice or buying another tent and light, I’d just use colloidal silver on the Sour Stomper and let it self pollinate itself and the Double Grape. I bought 500 ppm colloidal silver but realized that might be too strong so I diluted it with water down to 50 ppm. I’m spraying the Sour Stomper three times a day. Also, these two are only getting AN Connoisseur Grow and Bloom and no extras. It’ll be interesting to see how they end up being in the fabric bags with more soil but not getting the extras that my tubes get.

Sour Stomper on the back left and Double Grape on the front right.

Sour Stomper, Double Grape and a couple of 420 fastbuds White Russians in tubes.

I’ve only got one straggler in the tubes from my first run that isn’t ready yet. An ILGM sour diesel auto. Should be done in another week or so. All of the other tubes have been harvested and are drying in the Wedryer right now. I’ll move them to cvaults this weekend and have a pretty close final count on weight.

Very happy with the frostiness of the 420 fastbuds Blue Dream Autos. And the smell on them is amazing. They were smaller than the ILGM sour diesel but they consistently had higher wet weight when we were trimming.

And the rest of the room…pretty uneventful grow. Everyone is happy and flowering. Getting AN Connie Bloom, B52, Bud Candy, and Big Bud. I imagine we’ll be harvesting these in the next 4-6 weeks. I did go through and removed two fabric bags worth of sucker branches and fan leaves.

ILGM Gold Leaf - Really happy with the bud development on these two. Going to be fatties.

Platinum Garlic Bag Seeds - One is topped, the other mainlined.

I’ve got a light out…having to send it back for warranty. So it looks like we’re going to replace the current light with a HLG600RSpec. Debating switching the whole room out. But it’ll involve changing the hard wiring to an outlet for each light. Going from 480w to 600w I think might be beneficial.

2 Likes

How do you guess how much a plant will produce? I have zero idea what to expect on any of these photos. They are bigger than I’ve done in the past by a lot.

Like a plant that’s 39” tall like this ILGM gelato. I didn’t top it or do anything but let it grow. It’s under 480w with AN nutrients in happy frog. This is about to start week 5 of flowering. (Actually just installed an HLG600rspec

@Hellraiser @peachfuzz @OlyBoy98503

1 Like

Hard to guess accurately from a pic, good size plant there, I’d guess between 3-4 ounces.

3 Likes

Went to the okc cannacon yesterday and was not disappointed in the freebies. Definitely worth the $30 entry fee. Not shown were several shirts, another bottle of fish shit and a small bottle of AN big bud.

Anybody use any of these products before? The emerald harvest folks were pretty knowledgeable and want to see a side by side of it and the AN I’ve been running on my next grow. That grow will likely start the first week of July.

Got a free American Haze clone as well.

2 Likes

daaaaaaang! Great haul! Holy crap! That free clone!?! (I’m feeling inadequate about what I call a clone. :rofl: )

Trying to finish planning for my outdoor grow. They’re going in the dirt in the next week come he’ll or high water.

And I’m oscillating … happy frog with jacks outdoor schedule or ocean forest to cover 8ish weeks of veg? @OlyBoy98503 what do you use in your potted plants for dirt? @Zee gonna pull you in for an opinion as pretty sure you use ocean forest.

Half of them are in a dog crate on my second floor patio. :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I ran out of room in my veg tent and I didn’t want the squirrels to eff em up. I’m going to have to top them or something because a couple got way too tall too fast.

Germán shepherd made it known early on that he will not be contained. Tore the crate front up so that he could open the latch.

4 Likes

Your repurposing ideas are the hidden gem in this post. Thanks for the tips :fist:

2 Likes