Bad thunderstorm knocked over my plant and broke 3 branches

We had a pretty hard thunderstorm with wind and heavy rain yesterday ,it was very unexpected to say the least . When i got home from work i found 1 plant laying on its side and thats when i knew something was wrong . Come to find out the london pound cake got knocked over and when it fell , it snapped 3 main branches and broke a few others . The plant was topped at a young age and i never followed thru with the rest of the manifold process so it had 2 main tops . It turned out to be the tallest and widest out of the 3 ladies i have . So 1 of the 2 main tops broke off and a few branches below that broke as well , my question is what do i need to do in order to at least try and nurse her thru until harvest ? It has several small bud sites , this plant was far behind in progress compared to the othed 2 i have growing . The other 2 plants r well into the flowering cycle but this 1 still looks like pre flowering stage . So i need all the advice and opinions i can get , ofcourse i am going to try to continue to feed and water it to see what happens but should i trim up the top main stalk ? Do i put something like aloe on the break? Iknow there r some tricks of the trade to help this i just dont know what they r …

1 Like

Branches that are just broken can heal very well and very quickly if given proper support. If a branch is brown off the best you can do is try to grow it out as a clone.

6 Likes

Honey has antiseptic proporties to help fight off any molds or infection that would try to infect your plant at this weak point. Ive seen people use duct tape to support the branch to get it to re knit but that for me, tape is toxic glue I dont want getting into my plant so I use plant ties to lash the branch back into place and hold it to the main stalk.

3 Likes

I’ve used aloe too. It works great as well.

3 Likes

Afterthought: you could use some bamboo sticks and lash your main to it for addtl support should another storm roll through.

3 Likes

Actually aloe and honey actually work the best just find something to support it and it should heal. Or you can try to clone it like said and previous comment.

3 Likes

@Docnraq thats the best idea i think thats what ill do thanks

2 Likes

It most definitely works here’s living proof… i had to bend/break her main stalk over because she was growing up into the light… it’s my fault for not topping her but dang this girl is a super skunk auto and nit supposed to get this big… like not even close to this big… well her she is at 86 days… she now stands at 4ft tall 2ft×4ft wide… that’s her main top I’m holding just above the pic of the break…

1 Like

@anon1893985 wow that was 1 hell of a break . Did you use honey or aloe ? Im outside so she is a kittle more exposed to the elements plus it has still been in the 90’s . We get these evening storms everyday that dont look like much on the radar but they end up being a bad storm , yesterday wasnt that bad. I would normally bring them in the shop but its a lesson learned.

I used honey and applied it often for a couple weeks then in between i would squirt water into the crack to help things out… i do it once a week now … the crazy thing is she acted like nothing ever happened lol she never missed a beat… :muscle::100: you can apply honey or aloe vera both work great.

1 Like