Bad storms caused plant issues

Ive ran into this issue here lately. We had 1 bad storm a month ago and it blew the breaker to my ventilation and ac in 1 tent I was growing out a bit before flower and it was 90 degrees for a couple hours and all the plants suffered heat stress followed by what looked like a mix of nitrogen and cal-mag deficiency. Checked the soil ph and all my plants are 6.8-7.1 even in the unaffected tent. So i flushed all my plants after calibrating my bluelab ph pen to 7.0 and ph’d flush water to 6.0 and checked couple days later same soil ph range 6.8-7.1. I even checked the ph with other pens and they came out the same so what gives? I always ph my water 5.9-6.0 and typically calibrate my pens a couple times a month. It makes me mad because i was just about ready to flip and now id be embarrassed if someone asked to see that 1 tent. But yet my mother plant green crack looks to be fine. My grow medium is canna pure coco bricks. I was spraying CJDB (captain jacks dead bug) for a few days before i got ladybugs then i stopped for 2 days before adding them to avoid any deaths due to pesticides. My only pest issue was fungus gnats after the heat wave. Anyone have any guesses on whats goin on? Im not sure what the issue intially was (heat stress or nute related) as they were doing great before the heat and now they look horrible and im not sure what all it needs to bounce back.

2 Likes

What is your runoff ppms plants look hungry too me but just my opinion. What nutrients and are you using cal mag.

1 Like

I’m a long ways from being an expert, but my money is on magnesium deficiency.

1 Like

Didnt check runoff ppm just soil ph. Im using house and garden nutes. Im feeding quite a bit of cal mag and Epsom salt. At one point i was at 40 ml cal mag and 20 ml epsom salt with no signs of issues i just assumed it was a bit much. I recently added nitrogen boost at 2ml per gal

1 Like

Watering now. Ph going in at 5.7-5.8. Ppms- 1350 nitrogen boost shot it up overnight i guess as i had measured it around 1100 the other night. Would prefer to stay under 1000ppms ideally so i guess i need to work on making a new recipe with more of something and less of another. Any thoughts? I do believe it’s mainly the Nitrogen boost that shot my ppms up like crazy as before i was around 950 without it
Runoff on GSCE-1250
Runoff on GDP-1100
Runoff on GCK-1290

1 Like

Just made new water without nitrogen boost recipe is as follows ket me know what you think. 5 gal mix
Coco a&b- 10ml
Drip clean- 2ml
Multi-zen- 12.5ml
Cal-mag- 30 ml
Silica- 6ml
Liquid kelp- 10ml
Mr.Fulvic- 5ml
Molasses- 30ml
Ppm’s=940-950 will check again tomorrow to see if it went up any

1 Like