Bad Reaction after 35 years. Help!

I have not smoked pot since I was 25. Now I am 60 and it was just legalized here in Virginia. I smoked a good amount last night for the first time and had a horrible experience. I thought I was tripping on acid.

Instead of relaxing me to help me sleep, I was up for 9 hours and couldn’t sleep. My body was limp bit my mind was on a rampage.

Did I get some laced pot? The reason I actually quit when i was 25 was I quit enjoying it and would just get paranoid.

Does anyone know what could be going on?? Help

2 Likes

Pot is MUCH different now than it was 45 years ago. Just try smoking way less. Also there is Indica and Sativa and here are the effects:

8 Likes

I did the same (quit smoking as it was making me feel a general state of unease)

I got back into it but had to start off very slowly
Just a hit here and there

Sounds to me like you just over did it

The weed these days is supposed to be stronger than it used to be too

6 Likes

LOL… it is different. Back in 1982 I actually got ahold of some ‘lab grown’ weed called San Joaquin Green’ and my friends and I all thought the same thing… “What the heck is this stuff laced with”?? It was just some of the first I had ever tried but it’s pretty much all like that now… I was 18 and now I’m 57

6 Likes

I remember when seedless skunk was the new thing

Talk about conspicuous reek

Was about the same time too, early 80s
I was quite a bit younger than 18 though, I was a bad boy

6 Likes

So, I smoked a bud about the size of a dime. 4 huge inhales. Anyone have an estimate on what that equivalent amount was back in 1983?

2 Likes

I couldn’t say …the comparison
But a dime sized bud …4 inhales
Sounds like you may have a really potent setiva and it made your mind race …
Maybe try a hybrid or some indica next time but also take it slow

2 Likes

The experience last night made me want to never do it again i did it to help me sleep since i have insomnia…

I’m going to wait for my northern lights auto i am growing before even thinking about smoking ever again . That will be around Thanksgiving.

4 Likes

Today’s weed is far, far stronger than it was back then.

It’s possible to get contaminated weed if you got it off the street. I got a zip of weed a few years ago that had something in it that made me sick.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Last night scared the poop out of me.

If there is a next time, I’ll smoke 100% indica and smoke my own grown stuff…and at a very low rate.

6 Likes

Get ya some grandaddy purp, northern lights or super skunk as it sounds like you smoked some of today’s 30% sativa my friend, very potent stuff indeed.

5 Likes

Back the the 70s we smoked blunts all day long. You can’t do that these days. One small bowl and I am done for the evening.

7 Likes

Yep, I actually used the paper out of the Big Bambu album when I bought a qp of brown weed for $75. High school indeed.

2 Likes

I’m not far behind you. Weed was $120 a quarter in our time (mid to late-70s.) We had a half-dozen guys that would go through a quarter in about 5 days. We used to burn incense and smoke it up in the local Pizza King. I’m surprised that we never got thrown out.

3 Likes

Yeah my qp was probably half seeds, a friend had bricks of brown weed that I just realized were probably a kilo each. Carried it around in the trunk of his mustang. That was probably '79 or '80. Then around '83 it all dried up for a summer and after that weed was green and expensive-with no seeds but much better.

4 Likes

Memories. All seedless weed back then was called sensimellia (SP?) without regard to strain.

We used to sort out the seeds on an album cover. People today don’t even know what an album was. lol.

11 Likes

Means “without seeds” I believe suddenly someone figured out which are female and killed all males.

1 Like

I was always lead to believe it translated to “Without Seeds”, from a Mexican pal, no idea if its actually spanish or not but it sounded good and he had good weed.

^^beat me to the statement.

2 Likes

My buddy was Mexican that taught me the meaning. :grin::v:

2 Likes

Correct. That is my understanding as well.

2 Likes