Bad luck or somthing wrong?

Hi brains trust,

So… planted and grew 4 plants this year (only my second season) and all 4 turned out to be males :roll_eyes:
Grown outdoors.
Is this just plain bad luck or can something contribute to all the plants turning out male?

Thanks for your incites.

2 Likes

it is the luck of the draw my growmie…nothing I know you can do to make them male or female

4 Likes

what kind of seed were they?

2 Likes

I’m assuming these were bag seeds. I like to purchase Feminized seeds from the seed banks that way I don’t waste my time and energy.
Good luck

8 Likes

The seeds were given to me, guessing they are nothing special.

1 Like

At a guess you are spot on about the seeds, they were given to me.
Wish we had seed banks here down under, I would defiantly buy from them for multiple reasons.
I’m going to try and get some sent here, but not many seed banks send them here anymore, unless I can find someone in Australia who has no worries getting them in.

3 Likes

Hey @aussiebuder I’m an Aussie to its definitely hard to get good seeds here but there were people talking about it the other day and someone mentioned mediseedman give them a search I probably go through them.

4 Likes

definitely get some seeds that have background on it so you can grow and have fun.

3 Likes

That’s a bummer , there is a lot of members on here Located down under. Maybe we can get a few tag in with seed info. :+1: :v:

4 Likes

@Aussie_autos may be able to put a word in :metal::green_heart:

4 Likes

Start seeds indoors with the goal of finding females.

Takes some time because you have to grow until mature enough to flower, but once you can identify one or more female plants you should clone them for your outdoor grow and not waste an entire growing season on male plants.

1 Like

Mrbeanscollectables.com.au and sticky seeds uk

3 Likes

Found the web site, looks very promasing :clap: Thank you for that :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

For sure, they are a fun plant to grow, more effort you put in the more you get out. Only new to it, but loving it already

2 Likes

Thats something I need to learn more about is the cloning aspect of things. I have plenty to learning to do and this forum is a wealth of knowledge.

1 Like

To easy mate @aussiebuder hope you have a great grow this year. The one’s I grew this year a mate got them through a site called kanga seeds apparently they are good to.

1 Like

Thank you, found the Mr. Bean site, but having issues finding anything or registering myself

1 Like

Yeah I looked at the Mr bean site and had the same problem @aussiebuder.

1 Like

His beans are called sticker packs

1 Like