Bad looking roots & Leaves

As I am researching this for you I am learning more as well lol have a minor root rot issue on one bucket myself so this happens to everyone

I got Root 66 , please check it up

Is this will help , without flashing the whole recivor, i did replace the 600 to 400.

will help with recovery but H2o2 is still a must to stop the spread and clean up the damage when in doubt always go with what is tested and proven to work will save frustration in the long run. Like buying and adding things when a cheap and simple option which has good track record is easily at hand.

The problem Iā€™m not in the state. And her in midleast i dont think they do have H2o2. Is there any other name or other product can do the same effect.

Hydrogen Peroxide available all over the place any pharmacy

same peroxide used on cuts read all the comments people are making on this topic we mention it is hydrogen peroxide repeatedly

Will using H2o2 (peroxide) with Pro-Mix HP interfere with
the Mycorrhizae ?

Your myko will likely be doing the same thing in aaalakeeā€™s case he is trying to kill off an already established bacteria issue if you have been using myko since start it is unlikely your roots need the help :slight_smile:

Thanks, no problems as of yet. I have been considering using it to
help with oxy at the roots, especially during flushings. but not sure about the interaction with Pro-Mix

Hydrogen peroxide doesnā€™t care what kind of bacteria it reacts with. Good, bad or ugly it will still react with it. Generally after 24-48 hours of using it you could reintroduce your beneficial bacteria. By that time the peroxide has changed into oxygen. I wouldnā€™t suggest it to increase oxygen but rather have a good res temp range and plenty of bubbles coming up, enough to break the surface and cause splashing inside the bucket as this will help with oxygenation of the water

Agree with JtheH here would actually be likely to hurt your myko

I got this one with 6%, how much should I put with 13 galon , should I flash my recivor dws and give fresh one with new solution

Ok a cream is not the right idea since it likely has many additives Hydrogen peroxide is cheap and easy to find ask a Pharmacy itā€™s sold in grocery stores Walmarts you name it https://www.google.ca/search?q=hydrogen+peroxide&client=ubuntu&espv=2&biw=985&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUyKfmsOnJAhUC6mMKHTYNAV4QsAQIKw find it use it as directed in the other link I gave you earlier. The cream though stronger is thickened with what and may be harmful to your plants.

Some one else help me with this please I am clearly not translating the information clear enough here @yoshi @garrigan62 @MacGyverStoner

I think he using "The Recipe for Success " nutrient line . Have you checked your air stone and is your water moving from a pump and not just the air bubbles ? Iā€™ve not done a hydro grow as of now , but I think you supposed to change out resoivoir every 7-10 days , and when you change it out completely , and if water is added it should be added to what ph is at in reservoir , but Iā€™m trading in open waters here , I think we need the science officer in on this .

Your PH is to high it should be for hydroponic solutions marijuana grows with a low pH of 5.5. Marijuana grows best in water or soil with a pH level between 6.0-6.5 (slightly acidic). Good garden soils consist of this pH level. In this range the plants nutrients are water soluble. This means that the nutrients are available to the marijuana plants. When the pH level is outside of this range, the Pr nutrients become less available because the nutrients wonā€™t dissolve as well.
Use pH-up or pH-down to keep in the range of 5.0-5.5 while using hydroponic solutions. The pH levels vary a little bit per strain. The ingredients of soluble fertilized also affect the water pH. So adjust these pH after you added the soluble fertilizers.

Will

the starts of root rot are in the pics so been a concern for me I addressed the high temps of his res and mentioned the ph but he is looking for Root rot advise I have already brought the cause to his attention just want to confirm I am giving sound advise on the addition of H2o2 to clear up his root problem. As well wanted to see if I have some how mislead in the direction to the answer of how to use or what it is Hydrogen peroxide. h2o2
basically am I being clear enough thanks guys

I think you got it covered @Donaldj, I agree, temperature, temperature , temperature, lol.

Some additional information, about 68F-72F is the sweet spot for dissolved oxygen in the water. Below 68 biological cellular activity slows and can slow nutrient uptake and growth in the plant, and above 72*F will drop O2 levels enough that root rot might set in in the reservoir. I think you explained yourself just fine. Donā€™t forget, sometimes there is a language barrier and as much as we try, sometimes it is just darn hard to be clearly understood.

Heck, sometimes even when both parties speak English as their native language, sometimes it is still difficult to get everything clearly understood as Iā€™m sure @yoshi can tell you, I still donā€™t always understand him, lol.

H2O2 can help and I hope the google links point @aaalakee in the right direction.

About the only ways to get your reservoir temps down are the above recommendations, maybe add a frozen water-bottle or otherwise self contained frozen pack, as was recommended by Donald, if you donā€™t want to add an inline aquarium chiller, as was recommended by @JTheH, and the only other way ā€“ is to get those air temps lower, generally the water temp might be a degree or so lower than the air temp, but not by much. If you increase the heck out of your aeration/air bubbles in the reservoir, you might be able to have the water temps maybe as high as 78*F, but that would be pushing it, and above that you can forget about enough dissolved oxygen in your reservoir to keep your roots healthy.

Something else to think about, lower EC/TDS levels will allow for better dissolved O2, just as fresh water holds more oxygen than sea water, and nutrients in plant food are often made up of nutrient salt compounds, and therefore ocean salt water is a pretty good analogue. @aaalakee, maybe try for a 500-600ppm, this is 1.0-1.2 EC, instead of nearly 900ppm, less nutrient salts means more oxygen can be held in the water.

Happy growing,

MacG

thnx Mac hope youā€™re having a nice weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I apologizes MacG , I try to speak from the most simplest terms , to which Iā€™ve learn on about growing . Truth to be told , itā€™s a majority of us rookie growers that donā€™t have even a high school education , better yet a PH D in argriculture , but in regards my friend Iā€™m sorry !!!