Backyard ILGM Super Skunk & Super Silver Haze

So I have now watered them three times with 6.5 pH water (only) and I tested the runoff and it’s a little lower , testing at 5.95. Would this be about normal , that the runoff is a little lower ? I was thinking of flushing only if I really thought there was a buildup problem. @FloridaSon @ktreez420 @FyshhTrap

Now I suggest you water with 7.0 pH water, and your run off should come out higher than before, hopefully around 6.5 :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::v:

1 Like

Thank You for your insight on this, I have backed off adding in the FF Tiger Bloom for about a week now until I felt I got the pH under control. I really want to get the nutrients back going again as I am at about 5 weeks into bloom . Any thoughts on going forward with nutrients again ?

No nutes! That’s part of the reason for flushing. It will clean up the taste for you so your palette gets the best taste.(unless you’re planning on letting them go for another month.)

2 Likes

I would keep off the nutes , just ph"d water for the last two weeks, depends on the single plant itself though. I’m gonna harvest 4 out of six tomorrow and the next two within the next week to 9 days, depends on weather. Mother Nature gave me some weather that made my plants produce Killer buds in the last two weeks. I stopped nutes two weeks ago. I ended up with some of the Dankest Bud I"ve Ever grown !! Couldn’t be happier on my first grow in Years. Posting new pics tonight in my ongoing “Holy Crickies look at the Triches” in Beginners Grow journals.
<*)))><{

3 Likes

I decided to stop the nutrients on the Super Skunk plants as they seem further along and are described as having a shorter flower period (52 days) , maybe 2 weeks + left. I am going to give the Super Silver Haze some nutes for another few weeks. Last year I harvested my SSHaze at 68 days ( and I love the taste and high ) and this year seems to be looking about the same. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

I’ll check it out . I wanna see that W.Widow plant you were talking about. Have fun with the harvest.

1 Like

Now at about 6 weeks into flower. No big changes , buds getting fatter and looking great.

Think I have the pH under control now. This will be the latest into the year I am attempting to grow and they are just not getting as much sun as I would like ( direct sunlight 8:30 - 3:30 ) and getting colder a night ( was 48℉ last night ) .

2 Likes

Now at 7 weeks in flower. The Super Skunk is starting to look about ready.

Here is one of the Super Silver Haze

You can see a picture of the Super Skunk in the Oct Bud of the Month Contest thread.

6 Likes

Toady is about 8 weeks into flowering. The Royal Madre plant looks just like last years , tall and wispy with really sweet smelling fluffy buds (100% foxtail type buds)

And below are my 3 ILGM Super Silver Haze Plants

My 3 ILGM Super Skunk plants are looking about ready. Showing some amber color trichomes 10-20% at this point.
Below are the Skunks .
Haven’t touched this one (above)
Trimmed off all the big fan leaves today . She will be up next for harvest.
Harvested the smallest one today ( I’d say 56-58 days flowering ) Now in back closet. I also did the wash and clean routine on this one as it had a problem with PM a few weeks ago so if any of them needed the cleaning it was this plant. Had a busy but productive day.

7 Likes

Just over 9 weeks flowering. Getting awful cold at night ( low 40’s ) Getting into Harvest mode.

Just trimmed all the fan leaves off 2 plants today ( Last of the 3 Skunks & First of the 3 Silver Haze ) . And will be harvesting them in the next few days. That leaves me with 2 Silver Haze and the tall Royal Madre still going. Harvested 2 Skunks last 10 days that are now drying and beginning curing .

5 Likes

your gonna love the Super silver haze …It is one of my favorites .excellent yield and taste is OMG and the smell is a Double bagger when transporting … you should see it in door .:sunglasses:
Hammer .

2 Likes

Last year I had 8 plants yield 33 oz , but only 3 oz was Super Silver Haze as I got my ILGM seeds in late July, so I only grew one test plant that was small, only 4 wks veg before it flowered, but that 3 oz became MY smoke of choice for daytime activity. So I am really looking forward to getting 12-15 oz of SS Haze this year from my 3 plants. This year 6 of 7 plants are from ILGM. Very please with what I see at this point. I would say that the Super Silver Haze was an easy grower of all the strains I’ve tried the last 3 years.

There’s an article on here:

‘to flush or not to flush’

there’s a growing movement to stop flushing for the last two weeks

we’ve done side-by-side comparisons and we don’t notice a difference, we also don’t think it makes sense to withhold a plant’s food during the most critical point in her life

• good luck
3 Likes

Been reading a bit off you and others about this lately, all interesting stuff. Love the thoughts and feedback, and am probably not going to worry about flushing this season now. Seems to make a lot of sense especially for me with outdoors plants that suffer the most from the elements, why starve them for the most crucial 1-2 weeks?

3 Likes

Thanks @Paranorman for posting more detail ( for me ) on the flushing debate . I do a lot of reading both here and elsewhere and I ended up not flushing any of my plants, I just backed off nutrients until I had my high PH back under control. Your guidance is most appreciated. :+1: As always the people on this site are the most helpful of any growing sites I have ever visited. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Been really busy , but here is an update on where I am. I now have 15 oz of the Super Skunk in mason jars curing. Just last night I bottled up the rest of my Super Silver Haze and got 14 1/4 oz in the jars. Down to just 1 plant to process and this years grow is done.

7 Likes

Came back to finish off this years crop. This is my 3rd summer grow and each year gets better. Ended up with 39 1/2 ounces total from 7 plants ( 15 oz Skunk , 14 1/4oz Silver Haze , 10 1/4 Royal Madre ) now in 45 Jars in different stages of curing. Sets me up for the year. Ordered some more Boveda packs for storage.

13 Likes

Man that’s a great harvest!!! Congratulations

3 Likes

@nwinbackyard any pics of the Super Skunk b4 harvest?