Back from Vacation and starting 1st Grow

Sweet light. Congrats on the new light. I could use a 500 or 650 my self :grin:

2 Likes

I saw a 550r on Facebook marketplace local. I don’t have a use for it, but it’s the first top end led I’ve seen someone selling.

2 Likes

I never see any QB lights for sale around here. I have plenty of lights. But would need some thing like the 550 to do a tent full in my 4x4. It is to hard to get in to adjust 2 or more lights with the light raised high.

2 Likes

With the full legalization here, there’s people selling assembled boards of supposed qb288s on marketplace or solo cups for $25 with a free plant. :joy:

2 Likes

Awesome, nice work!

2 Likes

Did you see they dropped YouTube video earlier of new product?

2 Likes

I hadn’t until this morning…WOW!

Obviously it’s crazy efficient, but I wonder what intensity the light is. There’s a whole lot of leds on those strips!

1 Like

I have a couple more days of transition nutes to go before starting early bloom. The GH schedule calls for Liquid Cool Bloom starting with early bloom. I haven’t bought that, and I’m going to transition to Jacks. So I’d like some input on the best course of action:

• Buy GH Liquid Cool Bloom small bottle for this cycle;
  • switch flower room to Jacks, and use remaining GH nutes on plants in the veg room; or,
  • something else I haven’t considered.

If I were to guess, I’d say there will be multiple options. Like replacing current lineup with lights utilizing the new strips. If not, the first will probably be in layout designed for 4x4-5x5.

Probably doesn’t matter what you do for nutrients.

2 Likes

I made the switch to Jacks last night, so now three feedings in, and all I can say is WOW! It was a higher ppm than the GH mix, even at 80% vs 100% strength. In all, Just Power Si Bloom, Cal-Mag, and Jacks totaled 950-ish ppm. I diluted down to 900. Lights are set at 25” from canopy and drawing 365 and 397 watts, respectively.

Fiona:

Priscilla:

Felicia my beast:

And my runt Trixie:

I’m also going to update a couple other threads and will have a couple direct questions.

5 Likes

Looking good. I am close to 1000ppm with it full strength, silica and overdrive. Alone it is near 900. I was shocked when I found you can feed seedlings full strength. Mine are loving it. I switched for the most part from GH too

1 Like

It’s time to lean some more on the collective expertise. Plants all seem to be doing well and have grown about 6” or so since switching to Jacks and starting 12/12 (15 days now) I’ve started taking out some of the bottom fan leaves and some higher up to let some light in, but only 4-6 leaves per plant. (Read not to go too fat too soon)

What I haven’t done is trim any grow tips that have sprouted. I know a vast many will be suckers, so I’d like to thin some out. Below are some pictures I took this morning after lights out and just before morning feeding.

And this is a few hours after feeding, but before lights come back on.

If my understanding is correct, all those small stems at the bottom 1/3-1/2 plant will fail to produce quality buds. So they can/should be pruned this week?

3 Likes

I’d prune off all those small sucker branches, they’ll not amount to much. Better to put those plant resources into bigger buds higher up on the plants.

1 Like

Ive got to leave for a few days to take care of my parents. So I got three plants pruned and one partial. I took the skinny stems and ones that weren’t going to reach the canopy. I’ll be home Sunday, which coincides with the Jacks bloom arriving.

Do these look adequately/appropriately pruned?

4 Likes

Cleaned them out nicely, looks good!

1 Like

I’m going to be in Ohio for a few days longer than expected (Dad got admitted with covid+pnemonia, and mom is recovering from triple bypass over Christmas.) Which means my wife is going to have to mix nutrients for the flower room. She has never done it before, and I am planning to add the Jacks Bloom for the first time. So she’s nervous, which already makes me nervous. :scream:

@Watt-Sun @Hellraiser Looking at the nutrient schedule, am I correct that only use the Bloom and epsom salt for bud setting? (silica and cal mag first)

I don’t use the Bloom, no idea on that.

1 Like

Yes just the bloom and Epsom salt. Silica and cal/mag first.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks guys. Nutrients are mixed to bridge until I get home🤞🏻

The bloom fertilizer must be more acidic. My Ph after mixing is usually 6.5, but using bloom it came right at 5.8. Only 860 ppm, though.

Yes it’s very acidic.

1 Like