Back from Vacation and starting 1st Grow

I would run just 2 of those CFL’s, till the clones root and dome them to get the highest rh you can get…( the fan will keep them too dry ) just my humble opinion…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Thanks @Arrow I had planned to match lights to clones. The fan has taken up residence in the tent now, though it leaned #2 over in the process. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I plan to tape a clear solo cup with a couple holes on top of each clone, which I keep misted with DI water.

1 Like

Good stuff…you got this…:sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Got #2 potted up to a 7-gal fabric pot and fed with 600 ppm mutes at 5.8 ph.

Felicia #1 has been topped. I left a solid nub above the node.

Her clipping was dipped in clonex and put in solo cup. She was fed 300 ppm nute solution and put in seedling cabinet.

Should I do anything else at this point?

2 Likes

Everything seems to be going pretty well at this point.

#1 Felicia and #2 Fiona both got auto watered today throu the halos and started LST.

#3 Priscilla still needs a day to dry out before she gets potted up and begins auto watering.

Even #4 Trixie the Turtle seems to have fully come out of her shell. She should be potted up in another week, which will be just in time for vacation.

The clipping from topping Felicia appears to be holding on.

3 Likes

I was trying to hurry when I clipped Felicia that I didn’t take all the large leaves off. She was not looking the greatest, so I took them off last night.
She perked up by this morning!

2 Likes

Update on the ladies. They are at 5 and 4 weeks respectively from seed.
Wedding Cake #1 Felicia. She’s been topped once and just tied since.

#2 Fiona. She’s only been bent to start a spiral.

#3 Priscilla (4wks) she’s just started spiral training tonight.

And my runt #4 Trixie. She just got potted to the #5 airpot. No training yet.

3 Likes

Hey Mother Earth has a crazy sale on amazon right now. $18 a bag

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: :running_man:‍♂

Thanks for the tip! @Slowgrowin I just potted my last lady into #5 air pot, because I didn’t have enough ME to fill 7-gal fabric pot.

No problem!

1 Like

Pulled auto watering system apart to give everything a good cleaning (Hot water + Peroxide; Hot water + Dawn dish liquid; and, clean rinse.) unfortunately, I didn’t realize the aquarium heater was still plugged in when I was fishing everything through the lid. Melted a tray and the power cord for the submersible pump in res. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Fortunately, the addition for veg space isn’t quite done yet, so I stole the pump for there. Got everything operational again and fed the little ladies.

Also, adjusted the 650r in the tent. It’s now turned up to 250-ish watts, which reads 50-ish thousand lux at the rim of the pots nearest center, and 37-40 thousand on the outside rim. Does that sound about right for veg? @dbrn32

1 Like

50,000 lux is more than you should need to veg on 18 hour schedule

More than I need or too much?

1 Like

I would only say its too much if you are having issues.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help! For a novice, I don’t see any deficiencies yet. I’m still only feeding 600-650 ppm nutes, but only about a half gallon per day to get runoff.

1 Like