Back at it with Breezy and Sundae Sunset!

@Nicky When do you usually start using the auto pot? After the first transplant?

Once the roots are reaching the bottom of the pot😉

Depends on how big of plant is transplanted, with your solo cup plant there I would transplant it and then top water until the leafs reached out to the edge of the autopot pot.

I just learned that we shouldn’t transplant pots into the autopot pots at the bottom, I did this and my plants struggled and then died. I think it’s because they need more roots above the water line then below the water line or they can’t breath right.

This happened to 4 clones I took from solo cup sized nursery pots. They stretched fast on me (strong sativas) and so I Stripped the leafs off other then the top couple and soaked the stems in rooting gel. Then placed them at the bottom of the pot. Top watered for a week or two then turned the system on.
More roots grow down then grow up it seems because of the wster but in the end it just was to much. Lesson learned,

2 Likes

Oh jeeze that’s a sad picture right there! I was planning on waiting a week or two more before transplanting, then once I transplant maybe 2-3 days of watering before I turned it on.

1 Like

Got my harvest on a few days back!!! I’m ok with 4 1/2 gallon jars full…… just waiting for some amber on the white widow and the pure indica to pop their little heads up

3 Likes

My guy!! That’s a fat harvest!! Have you tried any of it yet? If so how is it?

1 Like

I have tried both…. And they are both good I can’t wait to get them cured now

1 Like

1/8/22
I prepped the 5 gallon cloth pot today. Rinsed out the coco and got the pot all loaded. Tomorrow or the next day I’ll run some jacks at full strength through the pot to get her loaded up with nutrients. Now that she’s up and going she’s starting to really take off. Noticeable growth everyday. Here she is just 3 days later from my last picture.

Deformed leaf

3 Likes

1/11/22
Almost time to transplant. Going to give her a few more days.

2 Likes

I’m jealous my pure indica isn’t sprouting. I put them in the dirt on the 1st of January and still nothing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sad news right there my guy. You already dropped replacements?

No I’m not in a rush as I still have some I have yet to harvest. I just want some good indica…… I also thought it would be cool to drop them at midnight New Year’s Eve lol

1 Like

Update I was giving the babies a drink a few minutes ago and low and behold I see a little green just below the surface!!! Hopefully a few more days and I will see something on this side of the dirt lol

I have not given up on them yet

1 Like

1/14/22
Transplanted into 5 gallon fabric spring pot tonight. To tired to take pics so will get them uploaded sometime tomorrow.

2 Likes

1/14/22

5 Likes

She looks real good…… are you just doing one?

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to see if I can match my previous harvest with one plant. Every time I’ve ran 2 one is always larger than the other and becomes a light whore and the other one just stays small. So for my area I’ll try 1 and see what happens. If I’m able to get a half pound out of one I’d prolly shit my pants lmao.

You should’ve seen her rootball when I took her out of the solo cup. It was insane.

2 Likes

1/19/22

A couple more days and the auto pot is going to be turned on. I think I blasted her with to much light as her node spacing is super tight. But she is growing. I’ve noticed she grows a lot slower than my previous run but her roots are INSANE. Never had a rootball like hers on any of the other ladies. Probably going to remove the lower nodes later today. It’s been such a pain trying to get in there and water from the top. Even though that will no longer be an issue with the auto pot the leaves are still touching the coco and I don’t like it, so they’re going to go.

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet

She is super short because of getting so much light early. I stretch mine a bit to get it out of the soil so I can water easier. I have mine dialed in so I can get it topped and still have it split before they reach the screen.
That that small of a tent. You grew her prefect. :grin: I use a transmission funnel to water for my top feed kids. It makes it easier for me. I use one like this. They are cheap at the local part store or walmart

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accessories-31117-King-Funnel/dp/B000LNVWD0/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=transmission+funnel+long&link_code=qs&qid=1642801430&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-10

2 Likes

@Capt.Cola