B Spec Flowering for Males and pollen collection

So I’m going take the leap and try my hand at making my own seeds.

Mr. Soul crossed a Strawberry Cough with a Vortex. I’m taking a male from that line and crossing it with Gold Leaf.

I’m going to flower the Male under a BSpec in its own tent, on a different floor, with Filters everywhere.

Does anyone see an issue with flowering the male under a B Spec 135?

Also, what’s a good way to collect and store pollen?

2 Likes

You’ll be fine flowering with the bspec. Not sure what will be best on the other stuff.

3 Likes

No problem, I’m flowering my Blue Dream clones under Bspecs for first few weeks to keep height down.

I just lay some parchment paper under the plant once it grows balls. Small pot or solo cup even is good for this so the pollen does not land on the soil, also turn off any circulation fans so it doesn’t blow pollen around the tent, 2-3 weeks after flowering is initiated, the balls will start opening and releasing pollen. Once I see that happening I shake off the pollen on the plant onto the parchment paper (that should already have been collecting the pollen that fell), then scrap up the pollen and place into a small air-tight jar, I use a amber jar that keeps most light out and also cover the jar with aluminum foil to ensure it stays in the dark and keep it in the freezer.

4 Likes

Great information everyone!

2 Likes