B.B.B.B’s Official Grow Journal (my first grow)

4 hours later I’m high and just remembered to say that due to the small size and stunted growth, the roots haven’t expanded much into the pot. For resource and space sake, I’m taking my time to make sure they grow to fill the pot, at least until I can get another light to span the space of three larger grow pots.

1 Like

Me too pal back up to 8 joints a day. My last grow seen pubic hairs at 28 days this time its taking an extra week or 2

1 Like

Topped Bertha last night at around 8 PM. It’s a simple snip, but I’m overthinking it, thinking I did it too early, in the wrong spot, didn’t prepare it right, etc. I dabbed the cut with a low percentage Peroxide very lightly, and the cut is turning a blackish color. I’ll try to post pics later tn.

Saw roots coming out of Brunhilda’s drainage holes, so I replanted her into a 3.5 gallon pot. Also extended my “tent” more, and it’s now slightly larger than 2x2 feet. Bertha has already almost outgrown her pot again. Betsy is back up to full health and is doing great. Plants look kind of droopy because I accidentally fried them on 100% after I fixed their tent and forgot to set it back after I used it for light, and it’s also and hour before their bed time. Plants should start showing their sex any day now, and that’s when the real fun begins figuring out if I even did this for a reason, as they could very easily be all or mostly male.

Bertha

Betsy

Brunhilda

1 Like

Plants are livin. Bertha is getting huge, and I had to prune more fan leaves to open up space. Her new colas are growing slowly and spacing between nodes seems really short, so should I lower the amount of light they’re getting so they can stretch a bit, or should I let them run the course?
Edit: plants are sitting at about 60% on my SF1000

1 Like

Things change fast when theyre growing good, I just went from 6 to 5 to 4 plants in tent. Plan for success have fun with it. Dunno about the light, what youre thinking simetimes works, complicated by environmental swings which affect stretch also

1 Like

I haven’t killed them yet! Berthas colas are growing good, I accidentally dimmed Brunhilda and she grew three new growths. Still no definite sex, but the parts are starting to form, so I’ll be able to tell in a few days. I’m waiting a while longer to top Betsy just to experiment, and I want to vary what I do to each plant to get as much experience as possible. Added a smaller fan to the inside. Humidity is 69% and temp is 81° F today (really hot day today). Any notes or comments would be appreciated, thanks y’all.

Bertha
Betsy
Brunhilda

1 Like

I want to start using Grow Big nutes soon, but I’m a little too dumb to understand the Fox Farm feeding chart. Anyone have a rough estimate of how much I should give them? I haven’t given them any nutrients besides what’s in the soil, which is straight FFOF, and maybe a teaspoon of Big Bloom about a week after sprout. I’ll update in the next day or two the PPM, but I need to get calibration juice for my cheap ass pH meter because I refuse to spend $80 on a stick I need replacement tips for. I’ve been using straight purified bottled water for the past 3 weeks-ish and they still look pretty great. I made their box larger because their fan started to give Bertha and Brunhilda some ugly wind damage. I’ll have some pics and info from their next watering, because their set up to all be watered in the next day or two. They’ve established a good root system and have all filled their pots, but their water uptake still seems really slow. I think they’re also growing slowly in general. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I really have no clue since this is my first grow. Thanks y’all :metal:

1 Like

I topped lately too and my plants seemed to stall for a few days. Better now.
With grow room near 80 and humidity around medium you should be good. Keep em on 18/6 light and the air flowing and letting soil dry between waters and should be right on

1 Like

Good deal. Thanks for the feedback :+1:

My solid opinion, yall need to get away from topping autofowers and stick withLST you will get all the same perks of topping but you will not have the stall time, its a little more work than a snip here and there like topping however you dont hurt your girls and i believe even in the outdoor world iv got better yields than Topping or fimming next go round just try it with one and do the others your way, it also helps keep things interesting.

3 Likes

I’ve got one plant untopped for that purpose, I’m just waiting a bit longer until I can start getting stuff to build a net for it before I start LST. I’ll let you know the results from that once I do it
Edit: also, the seeds are just bag seeds, so I’m completely unsure of genetics. The two smaller ones are the same genes I think Boston Runtz and the bigger one is Wedding Cake I think

They look great i think bag seeds are fun but dont wait to long to start pulling that girl over it only get more and more difficult to do without snapping branches, they get a lot harder kinda woodish as they age no where near as flexible as they are now

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip

Bertha is 7 weeks old today. Betsy is 6 and a half weeks, and Brunhilda is 6 weeks. All of the plants are now about equal height, but Betsy and Brunhilda seem pretty lean compared to Bertha, who is very dense. They got a late start, but they’re catching up, and I’d say they have about 2-3 weeks before I flip the lights?? It just depends, we’ll see

Sex parts are beginning to appear all over Betsy. Bertha has two or three very small developments, and nothing from Brunhilda yet. Can anyone tell at this point if Betsy is Male or Female? Thanks y’all

Edit: this is the most developed one of the new growths

Is it a little bigger and easier to see today? I cant tell in that pic, it’s such new growth

1 Like

Not too much bigger, so I’ll post it in a day or two. I’m about to be gone for two days so I’m scared they’ll decide to explode in growth then and if there’s a male (good chance, 3 random bag seeds) it would pollinate the others and screw me over. But I’ll let you know. Would you think it would be too late to put them into a 5 or 7 gallon pot and increase veg time by a couple weeks to make them bigger? They’re in 3.5 gallon pots and I thought I would be satisfied with the size, but I’m not honestly. I may just keep it though because even if I buy another SF1000 just two of them would make 3 pretty skimpy plants I feel, and I’m broke as PISS. I may resort to Marketplace or some other 3rd party to find a used one but I don’t want to be screwed over. I’ll figure it out though, I’m doing good so far!

1 Like

Its only too late as you are good with your hands not having an accident. I transplanted a ground cherry fruiting from a 5 gal to a 10.5gal lately.
Your females wont be polinated unless they have buds with hairs to collect the pollen so ya can relax a bit about that

2 Likes

Thanks for the relief. I’m just worried about the little stem part