Hello all. I’ve made a couple of post with questions regarding my plants, but I feel it’s only right to start an official grow journal for my first quadruplet of plants. For simplicity and shits and giggles, I decided to name them Bertha, Betsy, Brunhilda, and Beverly [in order of oldest to newest]. Bertha was planted March 21st, Betsy was planted March 25th, Brunhilda was planted March 28th, and Beverly was planted April 1st, Bertha and Betsy started out rough, with very inadequate lighting from the cesspool of lights that is my bedroom for their first week of life, and then incubated under another measly 50W bulb for another couple of days until my light cables came in. I got my grow room set up enough to put the plants in March 30th. My first set up was just two 100W daylight bulbs, which I eventually added a third a few days later. I also accumulated a humidifier, fan, hygrometer, and have a pH/TDS stick and a SF1000 coming in the mail as we speak They are in FFOF (I now know it was a bad move to start seedlings off in this) and have FF trio, but have only used a small drop on Betsy and Brunhilda when they were growing slowly, which they had no reaction to at the time. Humidity started out low at 65% (before humidifier) and is now at 75%. Temperature also started out low at around 65° F, but are a stable 73° F once I added a heating blanket under them (don’t judge me, a heating mat will come) and I cannot seem to get it higher without skyrocketing my utility bill. My next moves are to buy a bag of FFHF and replant them all into slightly bigger pots so I can bury them deeper, and of course set up their first beneficial grow light the millisecond it gets here.
Without further ado, here they are, in order from oldest to youngest. I’m open to any and all suggestions, and I’ve kept a very detailed plant journal on my phone of any information I could get, so feel free to ask any questions. Currently, Betsy, Brunhilda, and Beverly are very stunted, but Bertha is doing great (and is also a little stunted). Any theories on how I can help them would be great. Aside from replies to this thread, my next update will be after I have a chance to monitor their health after the new light is set up and their pH is corrected.
Forgot to add, Betsy was broken in half on April 6th and is taped, but she has still grown, just extra extra slowly.
And despite being 11 days old, Beverly had not shed or cracked her seed. I’ll see her out for a while, but if growth proves to be this slow during the whole process then I may scrap her. It all just depends.